Tractor creeps with foot off HST pedal

/ Tractor creeps with foot off HST pedal #1  

warhammer

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45SE HST
My DK45SE HST has started creeping with no pressure on the HST pedal and the shifting has gotten to take some effort when moving between ranges.
Is there a fix for this that I can do or does it need to go back to the dealer?

Warhammer

/ Tractor creeps with foot off HST pedal #2  
Check out the linkages for anything unusually and maybe lubricate them.:confused:

/ Tractor creeps with foot off HST pedal #3  
There is an adjustment for the hst but I'm not sure on your 45 being that I have a CK30hst. Lubrcating the linkage and making sure it travels free is the first step before you adjust anything. Mine needed adjusted when brand new and hasn't needed it in 500 hours. It's needed at least a once a year shot of spray lithium though. Maybe another 45 owner can advise the adjustment procedure. As far as shifting through the ranges, once again, lubricate. The worse area that gets stiff on mine is where the shift shaft pivots in the tractor case. Once I had mine lubicated well, it works fairly easy.

Last edited:
   / Tractor creeps with foot off HST pedal #4  
Go back a page or 2 and check out the thread
Kioti DK 35se/hst

/ Tractor creeps with foot off HST pedal
Thanks Wallace.
I looked and Rod 1 on mine was set 4-5 mm too long. I set it too exactly 107mm and the shifting is much, much better. Creeps a tiny bit in reverse now though and seems a bit slow going forward so I guess I need to lengthen the adjustment a bit the other way.
I have attached a pic of a part on the Kioti that has rusted over. Any thoughts on this?

Warhammer

Go back a page or 2 and check out the thread
Kioti DK 35se/hst

Attachments

• DSCN0747.jpg
    DSCN0747.jpg
    581.8 KB · Views: 299
  • DSCN0779.jpg
    DSCN0779.jpg
    557.6 KB · Views: 303
   / Tractor creeps with foot off HST pedal
Just an FYI when you tigthen the locknuts down it can cause the rod length to shorten. I thought I had it adjusted to 107mm but actually was at 105mm and change.
Adjusted it again today and verified 107.1mm and the creeping in forward or reverse seems to be gone.

Warhammer

Thanks Wallace.
I looked and Rod 1 on mine was set 4-5 mm too long. I set it too exactly 107mm and the shifting is much, much better. Creeps a tiny bit in reverse now though and seems a bit slow going forward so I guess I need to lengthen the adjustment a bit the other way.
I have attached a pic of a part on the Kioti that has rusted over. Any thoughts on this?

Warhammer