CK25 Loader control and "new" cenimatic kit

/ CK25 Loader control and "new" cenimatic kit #1  

1wheeler1

Tractor
CK25HST FEL
My 230hr CK25 loader control joystick had gotten so loose and floppy that it was barely usable. When I took it apart to take a look there are three nylon balls on posts that the joystick pivots on and these balls were worn out. I use the float function a lot and the fixed post/ball was really worn out causing the joystick to pop off of this pivot point. Researching on TBN it looked as thought the parts to fix it were going to be quite expensive. When I went to order the kit from my dealer I was quite happy to find out they have a new updated kit thats about $30. The new kit includes new posts/ball that look to be machined out of stainless steel and includes the new pivot part that goes between the joystick arm and pivot balls. This kit looks to be a tremendous improvement over the old design that used the nylon/plastic balls. I highly recommend the upgrade to others who's loader joystick is getting loose/floppy or uses the float function a lot. I know some people have recommended against using the float function due wearing out the joystick but I think this upgrade will correct that issue. Just wanted to let everybody know for about $30 and a couple of hours you can fix the problem and have a new improved design.

Thanks,

1wheeler1

/ CK25 Loader control and "new" cenimatic kit #3  
Good to know, mine's getting a little loose this year after 360 hours of frequent use. I'll check with my dealer about the updated kit, any chance you have a part number?

/ CK25 Loader control and "new" cenimatic kit
Part Number is Daedong 26001-0090 Cinematic Kit. Since I didn't have a manual installing it the first time was a learning experience. Here's the overview of how I would do it again with what I know now.

1. Removed the seat for easy access
2. Removed the two bolts that attach the joystick assembly to the body.
3. Once the joystick it detached from the body the rubber boot can be removed.
4. Remove the joystick lever and boot.
5. Remove the allen bolt under the assembly that holds the fixed pivot point.
6. Loosen the lock nuts on the cables attached to the assembly.
7. Screw the cable adjustment threads on the cables into the assembly until the fixed joystick pivot part that attaches to the joystick assembly with the allen bolt is raised enough for the fixed post to be removed from the main assembly and removed from joystick pivot altogether.
8. Remove the pivot part from the other two pivot balls attached to the cables.
9. Pull the cables down through the entire assembly and remove the old ball/posts.
10. Install the new ball/posts on the cables and reinsert back through the whole assembly.
11. Then pretty much reassemble in the reverse order.

To clarify the "pivot part" above is the part between the joystick handle and the new balls/posts. This kit includes this pivot part along with the new steel ball/post parts.

PS - I marked my cables as "inner" and "outer" before removing from the assembly because
thet could be easily swapped during reassembly.

Good Luck,

1wheeler1

/ CK25 Loader control and "new" cenimatic kit #5  
This is really timely info. Mine is getting loose also.

Rick Wallace, is this something that can be mail ordered? I don't have a dealer within 150 miles.

/ CK25 Loader control and "new" cenimatic kit #6  
I just replaced the pivot balls on my 400 HR CK30. Unfortunately it was not as easy as described above. The shaft that the nylon balls are attached to necks down pretty thin and one was actually bent. I had to drop the entire assembly through the bottom of the tractor and use a cut off wheel to remove the tops off the shafts. They would not pull down through the plastic housing as described above. Otherwise it would have been much simpler.

In the end, it wasn't too bad of a fix. The joystick is much more ridgid now. I do worry about the part that is the interface between the shafts and the handle itself because it's aluminum. The new steel topped shafts will wear that aluminum and it will become loose again.

/ CK25 Loader control and "new" cenimatic kit #7  
Here is my upgrade

Attachments

• upgrade.jpg
    upgrade.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 1,804
   / CK25 Loader control and "new" cenimatic kit #8  
DrewL, is the picture of your upgrade and the part and part number that 1wheeler1 posted the same item? I find myself not using the float function as much as I would like so as to make it last and would love to upgrade.. Thank You.

/ CK25 Loader control and "new" cenimatic kit #9  
I installed the grease fittings. Afterall, it is metal on metal.

/ CK25 Loader control and "new" cenimatic kit #10  
This is really timely info. Mine is getting loose also.

Rick Wallace, is this something that can be mail ordered? I don't have a dealer within 150 miles.

That's who I ordered mine from the last month.. as always great service and price from Wallace. But.. I did deal with the 'boss'.. Amy.