CK30 valve adjustment - 800 hour service

/ CK30 valve adjustment - 800 hour service #1  

Highbeam

Tractor
Kioti CK30HST
Okay, so who has ever done the valve adjustment on these machines. Or more importantly, it is really necessary?

I rolled 800 on the meter two weekends back while mowing and the machine didn't explode so maybe these tractors are made to run for awhile!

/ CK30 valve adjustment - 800 hour service #2  
I would not think twice about running mine on up in hours before adjusting the valves. I am not saying it might not hurt to check them, but they probably want need adjustment. I pulled the valve cover off of a perkins diesel with about 6500 hours no valve adjustment needed.

/ CK30 valve adjustment - 800 hour service #3  
I have been contemplating adjusting the valves and tourqing the head bolts on my Daedong "3A139" powered Farmtrac. My service manual calls for this service procedure to be done at 400 hrs. I have been putting it off since learning that Kioti has an 800 hr reccomendation for this service. I have reviewed the LG service manual for the procedure and it looks fairly simple. I have some experience adjusting valves on my old '68 Z28 with 302 engine as well as several motorcycles. If you get to it before me I could use all the help I can get.:eek:

John

/ CK30 valve adjustment - 800 hour service #4  
Completely different engine but I think it is still relevant. My tractor with a Mitsubishi engine calls for the valves to adjusted every 200 hours. I did that before the summer began last year and did again last weekend when it turned 400 hours. The valves did not need adjustment either time, right in spec.

However I am picky about maintaining my machine and will do it again in another year when it turns 600 hours. It is really easy to do if you understand what TDC is and have a set of feeler gauges, my engine even has a rubber, reusable valve cover gasket so the cost is nothing to do it.

/ CK30 valve adjustment - 800 hour service #5  
I have a 2001 model DK 35.
I just looked through my owners manual and can't find any mention of valve adjustment intervals.
I'm at 1260+ hours now and I have not done a valve adjustment yet. I might check them out over the winter if I can remember.