Replacement Filters for DK45 SE

/ Replacement Filters for DK45 SE #1  

dking

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45SE / Massey Furguson 165
Anyone know the replacement number for an equivilent oil filter made by Fram or other quality name? Kioti filters seem over priced.

For that matter what about the HST and Hydraulic filters as well?

/ Replacement Filters for DK45 SE #2  
To me the cost of the Kioti filters is pretty reasonable considering the cost of filters per 100hours of operation. They do hit you up at 50hrs pretty good but after that it slows down. I just bought about 300hrs of filters up front when I took delivery of the tractor. That way it seemed like a small amount compared to everything else.;)

/ Replacement Filters for DK45 SE #3  
Anything but Fram!

BTI

/ Replacement Filters for DK45 SE #4  
Anyone know the replacement number for an equivilent oil filter made by Fram or other quality name? Kioti filters seem over priced.

For that matter what about the HST and Hydraulic filters as well?
FRAM FILTERS=JUNK.I guess I don,t get it,buy a $22,000 plus tractor and buy the cheapest filter you can find.coobie

/ Replacement Filters for DK45 SE #5  
Yup fram filters are pretty shoddy, if you cut a fram open and then cut a quality filter open you'll see first hand..Napa has a match on an oil engine oil filter, but not a hydraulic filter....Napa's oil filter was longer than kioti's, which should mean more filter material. Since all napa had was an engine oil filter and I had to go to a dealer for the hydraulic filter I ended up getting both filters from my local dealer. Be prepared the hydraulic filter is pretty salty!

/ Replacement Filters for DK45 SE
Umm, I don't recall saying I'd like to use the cheapest filter I can find or use any kind of junk on my tractor. I regret using the F word :eek:. I had no idea they were junk - it's just the first name that came to mind. But thanks to this forum, now I know.

So let me rephrase my question: Is there a QUALITY filter replacement for the oil, hst, and/or hydraulic that is less expensive but of the same or higher quality than the kioti brand? If not, I don't mind making the trip and paying the price at the kioti dealer.

FRAM FILTERS=JUNK.I guess I don,t get it,buy a $22,000 plus tractor and buy the cheapest filter you can find.coobie