Another Happy Kioti Owner

/ Another Happy Kioti Owner #1  

John (Toronto)

Tractor
Kioti DK40HST
Hi folks:

Just a post to introduce myself and my new tractor.

As my posting name indicates, I work in Toronto Canada but spend as much time as I can at my weekend place on Georgian Bay in Lake Huron. I have 5 acres of mixed woodland, waterfront, lawn and wetland and for the last 10 years I've have maintained the property with a 1949 Ford tractor.

Wow, what a step up in the world to the Kioti CK27HST! 4WD, hydrostatic transmission, 3 ranges, power steering, live PTO, responsive KL130 loader with easy to use joystick control, built-in 3PH stays, flexible 3PH connection and brakes that really work!

I've been lurking on this board for a few months. You all helped me to get comfortable with the Kioti brand by reading the last 60 pages of posts. I had the brand loyalty to Ford NH but couldn't justify the price. I found a good dealer in Beards Farm Suppy and had an painless and respectful transaction with Etienne there.

From the old ford, I had a good 6' box blade, older 5' Finish mower, a drag behind V-shaped snowblower (that I'll upgrade this fall). In the deal, I bought the KB2475 backhoe (still improving at mounting) with a Wallenstien thumb and a Wallenstein BX24 chipper (in Kioti Orange). My dealer works a lot with Wallenstein and each fall orders 6-10 chippers in Kioti colors as a special run. Beards' supplied a 2475 backhoe to the factory and Wallenstein modified their standard Kubota thumb design to Kioti, I've used it for both logging and for moving rocks with good success.

My 11yo son, really likes the hydrostatic transmission (easy!) and is always wanting to help with any short (supervised) driving opportunities.

I've had the tractor since late May and I'm already at 56 hours. Did the 50 hour service a week ago and it went easily (thanks for suggestions about tight filters - I bought as long handle pincer type and had an easy time with it).
Quite a bit of lawn to cut and I've chipped 5 box trailers full of cedars and small hardwoods, laid down a new gravel road, dug out some tree stumps and ditches - I've had fun.

Thanks for the great board, I've learned a lot from you guys and look forward to keeping in touch.

Best Regards,
John

Attachments

• P7120472 (Small).JPG
    P7120472 (Small).JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 249
  • P6300460 (Small).JPG
    P6300460 (Small).JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_5825 (Small).JPG
    IMG_5825 (Small).JPG
    93 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:
   / Another Happy Kioti Owner #2  
Very nice machine and setup!! I can clearly see that you didn't opt to go the 'economy' route. Top class equipment you have there!

/ Another Happy Kioti Owner #3  
Looks like way to much fun going on there! Congratulations on your new acquisition(s) and welcome to 'tractorbynet'. Pictures and more pictures are always welcome.

Don

/ Another Happy Kioti Owner #4  
Very Nice! Welcome to the Pack!

Every time I see pics of the backhoes with these thumbs I get jealous. With all the rocks around my property, I would have one heck of a rock wall feature. That chipper sure is nice too, what size wood can you run through it, 2-3"...?

/ Another Happy Kioti Owner #5  
Nice lookiin out fit, I bet that old ford tractor is jealous! Welcome to the pack!

/ Another Happy Kioti Owner #6  
Like the others before me "Welcome to the Pack!".
Did that BH actually pick up that tree, or is that one of those "Optical Illusions"?.
If it did, I need me one of them "thumb" thingies :).
Nice looking set-up.

Tom

/ Another Happy Kioti Owner #7  
Congratulations on the new Kioti. My older, 1948, Ford 8n went to a new owner. I hated to part with it but couldn't use two tractors and the Kioti makes work so much easier.
Your new bh looks designed and built much stronger than my older KB2375. The hst on my CK30hst even has my wife and daughter wanting to help me with projects. If your using a remote to power the bh, remember about leaving the control lever in the off position if the bh is removed or make a short connector hose. Another thread goes well into the subject.
Have fun with the new toys.

/ Another Happy Kioti Owner
Thanks for the kind words of welcome.

Derek: The chipper can go up to 4 inches but honestly when it's chipping near 4" diameter logs, the tractor will start to bog down maybe ~35HP tractor would be better matched to that bigger stuff. However, playing the clutch (my son's job) allows it to chew it up a 15-20' logs in 3-4 steps of ~10 second intervals. But I usually want the 4" stuff for the fireplace. Where the 4" is of value is less trimming of branches before feeding into the thing. I think it is a great machine. I've rented bigger chippers that need constant effort to clear feeder and discharge clogging but this handles everything quickly and makes some nice chips for the landscaping.

Tom: Yes, the BH is picking up the trunk. The bush to the right of the tractor is very thick so I used the BH to reach into the bush and lift and swing the big trunk onto the road. Then I could easily buck the trunk into firewood sections where it can be easily loaded in the FEL to go to the wood pile. Here's more pictures showing the progress from felled to bucked.

Attachments

• IMG_5822 (Small).JPG
    IMG_5822 (Small).JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_5827 (Small).JPG
    IMG_5827 (Small).JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_5828 (Small).JPG
    IMG_5828 (Small).JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 156
   / Another Happy Kioti Owner #9  
Great tractor John, welcome aboard. I have the same chipper on a DK45 and it will chew up 4" no problem.

The chipper can go up to 4 inches but honestly when it's chipping near 4" diameter logs, the tractor will start to bog down maybe ~35HP tractor would be better matched to that bigger stuff. QUOTE]