Oil & Fuel 3054 spitting oil from valve cover tube.

/ 3054 spitting oil from valve cover tube. #1  

1hitechredneck

I have a 96 Kioti 3054 that spits oil from the tube that comes off the valve cover area. Have to add oil (40W) about once every 1 1/2 hours of use. I was told it was "blow-by". Everything else seems to work great (PTO, FEL, etc). Has approx 450 hours on it. Sure could use some suggestions. Other than that, I love the tractor.....

Thanks
Norm

/ 3054 spitting oil from valve cover tube. #2  
I have a 96 Kioti 3054 that spits oil from the tube that comes off the valve cover area. Have to add oil (40W) about once every 1 1/2 hours of use. I was told it was "blow-by". Everything else seems to work great (PTO, FEL, etc). Has approx 450 hours on it. Sure could use some suggestions. Other than that, I love the tractor.....

Thanks
Norm

Yep, certainly sounds like "blow-by" which can only be caused by faulty rings and/or cylinder walls. It sounds like you're not the original owner, in which case, did you get it from a dealer or private sale? If a dealer, and you haven't owned it too long, I'd check with them;if a private sale, I'd guess your SOOL. The only cure is an extensive and expensive re-build :(

/ 3054 spitting oil from valve cover tube.
Thanks very much for your reply. You're correct, I'm not the original owner. Bought the tractor last month for $4K with an FEL. From what you're saying, this fix could cost a bundle. Would it be worth the investment? I also bought a trailer and a new 5' bush hog after I bought the tractor. There is a local dealer about 5 miles away.

Norm

/ 3054 spitting oil from valve cover tube. #4  
With the low hours on the tractor, you may be looking at simply a bad or broken ring. That isn't too big of a job to do yourself (afternoon in the barn). You will know if the cylinders are bad when you pull the head, but I would expect a bad ring set in one of the cyclinders. It only takes 1 to cause the excessive blow-by.

Take care of it now. You'll be better off.