Oil & Fuel Fuel injector pump covered by warranty?

/ Fuel injector pump covered by warranty? #1  

Bogey5

My CK30 was just diagnosed with faulty fuel injector pump. For those of you who have had the same problem, was it covered in warranty? I have had my tractor for just over 2 years. My dealer says he will "try" to get it covered.

/ Fuel injector pump covered by warranty? #2  
hmmm.......my 2006 ck30 gear appears to have grenaded its fuel pump today. It ran fine for a few minutes then died. Pulled the fuel filter....had a little dirt.....put bowl back on sans filter and it filled SLOWLY with lots of cranking. Tractor finally fired and ran at near full throttle with NO throttle applied....weird. Then died. Noticed a rubber fill cap on a bowl just above the fuel pump......NO picture of it or mention of it in my manual. Inside is a bowl...smells like fuel....has alum. metal shavings in it. Not good. Going to my dealer soon for warranty repair....I hope its covered.

btw....184 freakin' hours on the meter

:^C

/ Fuel injector pump covered by warranty?
sounds like the fuel injector pump. I think it is quite pricey. I thought I read on a thread here it is covered under emmisions warranty but on the Kioti web site it excludes fuel system from its 4 year warranty. Hope it works out.

/ Fuel injector pump covered by warranty? #4  
High pressure fuel pump job is about 1500$. Seems to be getting common, wish there was some sort of preventative measure to avoid the high dollar job.

Filling the see-thru fuel bowl I would think is the job of the cheap low pressure fuel pump. There is a little rubber cap about 1.5 inches across on the side of the injection pump that is supposed to be connected to the crankcase so you should see engine oil in there.

Metal shavings are bad mojo.

/ Fuel injector pump covered by warranty? #5  
Mine failed at 3 years, ~321 hours. Kioti paid for it, but I had to cover transportation costs for my far-away dealer. Certainly fair for the dealer to charge this. But, even at that it burns me that I had to spend $150+ to get it fixed. It's money I shouldn't have to lay out, and this isn't the first time.

I think all these "little things" that fail on our Kioti's points squarely at why Kioti isn't quite up to snuff with the botas and deeres. They are trying, but still seem to find ways to use inferior parts from time to time.

Hope you guys get yours fixed under warranty. I was told it depended on what was determined to be the cause of the failure after they examined the failed part. Good luck and stay after your dealers to get Kioti to step up.

/ Fuel injector pump covered by warranty? #6  
Mine failed at 3 years, ~321 hours. Kioti paid for it, but I had to cover transportation costs for my far-away dealer. Certainly fair for the dealer to charge this. But, even at that it burns me that I had to spend $150+ to get it fixed. It's money I shouldn't have to lay out, and this isn't the first time.

I think all these "little things" that fail on our Kioti's points squarely at why Kioti isn't quite up to snuff with the botas and deeres. They are trying, but still seem to find ways to use inferior parts from time to time.

Hope you guys get yours fixed under warranty. I was told it depended on what was determined to be the cause of the failure after they examined the failed part. Good luck and stay after your dealers to get Kioti to step up.

A little late to the party as usual.

Just got my CK25 back from a failed injector pump (~600 hours). With transportation/labor the bill was going to be $1500. The pump was not under warranty but my dealer called Kioti and they would honor a free replacement. I think he nudged them on the design issues. Saved me a bundle. We're good to go.

This seems to be a pretty common problem. Maybe your dealer can push the issue. Hope it works out.

/ Fuel injector pump covered by warranty? #7  
For those with the failed pumps; what was the diagnosis for the reason it failed? Another post mentioned some type of a plastic gear wearing. I don't know the internals of the pump. I have always used a diesel additive that contains a lubricity ingredient. The diesel fuels now seem to be all low sulfer which is a lubricant. I hope my additive keeps my pump alive.