Bobcat help..25hp or 27? for ct225

/ Bobcat help..25hp or 27? for ct225 #1  

unclesalty

Bronze Member
Tractor
09 ct-225 w/loader
Hello all, I thought I'd ask for some help here since the bobcat and kioti are built at the same factory. I bought my ct225 last month. I was reading the manual and it states I have the td1300xlbc engine rated at 25hp/18.6kw.
Does the 27hp model use the same engine? The area bobcat rep said (to my sales guy) the 25hp and the 27 hp use the exact same engine its just that the stats were changed. I was told during the purchase I was getting a 27hp tractor and the brochure I was given says 27 hp. Im going to be pulling a 6' bush hog and a 5 1/2' flail. I need all the pto hp I can get. the 25hp tractor is rated at 17hp at the pto. The 27hp tractor has 19 and change at the pto. i guess what I need to know is are the engines the same? Are there any identifiers to tell the difference. I'm awaiting a call from my sales guy, He's getting me the bobcat area reps contact info.
Thanks Brian

/ Bobcat help..25hp or 27? for ct225 #2  
The CK25 (25hp) and CK27 (28hp) use different engines. Here are some of the specs:

CK25 (discontinued after 2007)
Engine Model - TD1300LXA/LXE
Gross Engine hp - 25
Displacement - 79.3 cu. in.
PTO Horsepower - 19/18

CK27 (2008 and later)
Engine Model - 3A139LWM/LWH
Gross Engine hp - 28
Displacement - 85.0 cu. in.
PTO Horsepower - 21.7/20.5

The CK25 was discontinued by Daedong after 2007 and re-designed to the CK27 to meet the new EPA and CARB emissions standards.

The engine model number will be on a tag on the top of the valve cover.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
   / Bobcat help..25hp or 27? for ct225 #3  
It will be asking alot from either engine to turn a 6' bush hog. A 5' is about the limit and a 4' might be the best fit, especially if you encounter some heavy stuff.

John

/ Bobcat help..25hp or 27? for ct225 #4  
According to the Bobcat website you have a 27hp 19.5 pto hp, site also says the CT225 is a compatible carrier for their 70" bush hog.

/ Bobcat help..25hp or 27? for ct225
The CK25 (25hp) and CK27 (28hp) use different engines. Here are some of the specs:

CK25 (discontinued after 2007)
Engine Model - TD1300LXA/LXE
Gross Engine hp - 25
Displacement - 79.3 cu. in.
PTO Horsepower - 19/18

CK27 (2008 and later)
Engine Model - 3A139LWM/LWH
Gross Engine hp - 28
Displacement - 85.0 cu. in.
PTO Horsepower - 21.7/20.5

The CK25 was discontinued by Daedong after 2007 and re-designed to the CK27 to meet the new EPA and CARB emissions standards.

The engine model number will be on a tag on the top of the valve cover.

Hope this helps.

Thanks thats the data I need, My dealer and the area rep are saying there never was a 25hp version! My engine is the td1300lxbc version and was purchased at the end of june

/ Bobcat help..25hp or 27? for ct225 #6  
Unclesalty, I posted some info for you in the other thread.
Valve cover tag CT225 purchased MAY 09
engine Family 8dcLL01.4D80
Displacement 1.393 L
This engine meet EPA California 2008 Standards bla bla bla

Hope this helps

/ Bobcat help..25hp or 27? for ct225 #7  
The td1300 is the 25 hp engine. The letters after the engine model designate the application, in your case - Bobcat.

For rough cut mowers, a good rule of thumb to follow is 4-5 pto horsepower/ foot of cutting width, depending on conditions. You would comfortably run a 5' rough cutter for most applications.

Bobcat had some "aged" inventory they sold this year at some pretty aggresive pricing. The tractor serial number would also indicate the year of production.

/ Bobcat help..25hp or 27? for ct225
Thanks for the help, Both my dealer and the area rep for bobcat were unaware of any engine change. I gave the rep all this info and he said he would be in touch. I'm asking for a new tractor.... When I bought the tractor I was told it was 27hp, my paperwork came with the spec brochure that said it was 27 hp and I bought a bush hog based on the tractors rated pto (at 27hp). Both my dealer and rep thought it was 27hp. I'm going to check my serial tonight. Im closing in on 50 hrs so I would like to get this resolved asap, the biggest problem is tractor availability. Bobcat is 2-3 weeks behind and the loaders are 4-6 weeks out.

/ Bobcat help..25hp or 27? for ct225 #9  
OH DARN......
Sounds like trouble in Bobcat paradise??????
I have heard that their distribution center is all but empty of compact tractors and that they accomplished what they set out to do. Liquidate inventory.
The big question is WHY?
KiotiDave

/ Bobcat help..25hp or 27? for ct225 #10  
Thanks for the help, Both my dealer and the area rep for bobcat were unaware of any engine change. I gave the rep all this info and he said he would be in touch. I'm asking for a new tractor.... When I bought the tractor I was told it was 27hp, my paperwork came with the spec brochure that said it was 27 hp and I bought a bush hog based on the tractors rated pto (at 27hp). Both my dealer and rep thought it was 27hp. I'm going to check my serial tonight. Im closing in on 50 hrs so I would like to get this resolved asap, the biggest problem is tractor availability. Bobcat is 2-3 weeks behind and the loaders are 4-6 weeks out.

Seems like Daedong has a problem with their ditributors mis-advertising their tractors HP.I purchased my (Kioti) 3054xs TLB as a 30HP tractor. The dealer, broucher and web site all had this tractor listed as a 30HP unit. I bought and (paid for) a 30HP tractor, but when I got around to checking,(and converting) the data plate 20.9KW to American HP, it equals 28. This tractor does have the advertised TD1400 B-1, but it just isn't 30HP. I contacted Kioti customer service(?) and subsequently recieved a letter stating the standard caveat; "The manufacturer reserves the right to change specifications without notice". Well, to my mind, you can't change what never was:confused::confused: I bought(and paid for) an advertised 30HP tractor and got a 28:eek: :mad::mad: