CK30 FEL Joystick repair

/ CK30 FEL Joystick repair #1  

Jerek

Tractor
Kioti ck30 HST
My joystick arm has come adrift after using in float position? Can anyone help with instructions on removing and repairing it?

Thanks

Jerek

/ CK30 FEL Joystick repair #2  
Did it sort of "flop" over to the right? If so, the set screw has fallen out of the underside. It's easy to fix unless the screw is lost.

Take the seat off and the shrouds where the 3ph lever is. Take the boot off and you can see how to take the FEL joystick off. You have to unhook a couple of linkages. Then, you will see how a small screw goes into the underside of the joystick control. I'd bet my hat that's what it is.

Mine fell off too. Search for the topic and you'll find a few posts.

If the unit is new, make the dealer do it underr warranty if you want.

Good luck!

/ CK30 FEL Joystick repair
Thanks 1Wheeler1,

I am a novice tractor owner and this forum and the expert help is invaluable to me. Thanks to all that contribute.

I removed the joystick as described but to do so I had to removed the locking leaver (as the pivot was already detached).
I have put the lever back and then reassembed the pivot but I cannot see how I can get the assembly back through the hole from beneath with the locking leaver protruding?

Jerek

/ CK30 FEL Joystick repair #5  
Jerek,

I re-attached my joystick after the assembly was already back through the hole that the boot covers. I had to loosen the cable locknuts and then screw the cables all the way into the assembly so the "balls" stuck out of the assembly enough to slide them into the part the joystick handle attaches to. With that much cable slack through the assembly your're able to slide the cable balls and the pivot point ball back into the pivot part the joystick attaches to and then can screw the cable slack back out replacing the pivot point post back into the assembly and replacing the allen bolt that holds it in there. Hope that helps.

1wheeler1

/ CK30 FEL Joystick repair #6  
It's too late now but did you try just pulling the joystick back into the neutral position with a bit of force? It takes so much force to push the joystick into and out of the float position that I no longer use it. It could have been just a stiff motion all along.

/ CK30 FEL Joystick repair #7  
Knock on wood, but so far I haven't had any troubles with my original joy stick (early 2006 model, ~350 hours). The float position is entered and exited with ease, just the right amount of force. I've used it quite a bit too, for back dragging and loading without digging. It is a very useful feature, and I wouldn't be happy if it didn't work.

/ CK30 FEL Joystick repair #8  
Interestingly my joystick suddenly is really "hard" to get into and out of the float position. It was really "easy" for the first 6 months. I guess I should take it apart and have a look.

/ CK30 FEL Joystick repair
Received my Cinematic kit today so I will fit it tomorrow. The kit included an O ring approx 25mm diamete, anyone know what it is for?

Any tips on the cable adjustment on reassembly.

Thanks

/ CK30 FEL Joystick repair #10  
Did anyone else have a problem with their boot? When I did mine, the boot wouldn't come off no matter what. It looked like someone tighter the boot into the bolts and nuts.

My joystick just kept spinning, twice. The first time I tried fixing it with the jamb nut, the second time I had the dealer do it.