Kioti DK45SE HST

/ Kioti DK45SE HST #1  

maxx123

Anyone out there with wire harness melt down..All my wires in my right side harness have melted. When looking at this problem I see that the ground wire seems to be the problem with no insulation around it. No help from Kioti yet. My dealer shows no help or won't even go to bat for me with the company.
My tractor is 2007 model with only 288 hours, garaged kept. Dealers sure treat you real nice when they want your money but when you have a major problem, forget it. I spent over $23000.00 for this tractor and now it's in my yard sitting there. Kioti wants me to pay for the repair because my first 2 year warranty has been up 5 months ago. Kioti customer service dept. does nothing for you. Never again.

/ Kioti DK45SE HST #2  
I've not had that happen, but I thought '07s had a three year warranty (if not a 4).

I do not think an uninsulated ground wire would be a problem (that is normal in AC wiring) - rather it could be from a bad ground or a fuse issue. Perhaps it could be heat as well. Is the insulation on the hot leads blackened, or just melted?

/ Kioti DK45SE HST #3  
Strange, it shoulda blew a fuse if something shorted, unless it is something like the main hot wire off the battery?