50 Hour Service

/ 50 Hour Service #1  

Go Kioti

Tractor
2009 Kioti DK45SE HST FEL
I am approaching my 50 hour service for my DK45SE HST. I know what I need for filters, oil and hydraulic fluids. I do remember someone mentioning needing the right filter wrench(es). Can anyone tell me what is the best filter wrench for this job with all these different filters? Also, are there any problems to be aware of putting in all the fluids (special funnels, etc.)? Any ideas would be appreciated in making this venture successful.
Thanks,
Gary

/ 50 Hour Service #2  
I use a rubber strap wrench for the two hydraulic and engine oil filters on my CK30hst. I'm not familiar with the DK45hst but the front axle lube on the CK30 can be tricky. After you fill it to what looks like the proper amount, drive it a few hundred yards and recheck the oil level. It goes down apparently after some trapped air bubles are released and more oil is needed. Hopefully another 45 owner can give you better model info.

/ 50 Hour Service #3  
I also have the DK45SE HST. The trouble getting the hydraulic filter off can not be overstated. It's not only on very, very tight and painted over, it's in a fairly hard place to get to. I made the mistake of leaving my backhoe attached when I first changed mine. Finally, after breaking a couple of filter wrenches, I drove a fairly large screw driver through the filter and actually bent it before the filter finally broke loose.

And ditto on re-checking the steering oil.

Also, I'd recommend a pump for the hydraulic oil. I used a not-so-big funnel and the 5 gallon cans get pretty heavy when it takes several minutes to pour each one in.

I think next time it will go much easier.

/ 50 Hour Service #4  
I did my own 50hr service on my DK40se which is essentially identical. I don't recall the precise details but recall that I ended up using two different types of filter wrenches. One was a big C type pair of pliers (HF sells them for about 8 bucks and they work well) and the other was one of the loop strap type that tightens it's grip as you use a ratchet drive. I recall it was the oil filter that was most difficult. Bottom line is that it is best to have a couple or a few different styles of filter wrench. Some of those spaces are pretty tight and as others have noted, the first filter change is tough. Subsequent filter changes are not such a big deal.

/ 50 Hour Service #5  
I just completed my 50 hr service on my ck20s hst. Like Island Tractor I would recommend having a few different style/size oil filter wrenches on hand. Mine came of fine, but I did have to use a couple different styles. I would also tell you to take the backhoe or rear attachments off, it makes the axcess a little easier. I also drove my tractor onto some blocks to raise it up a little to accomodate getting a 5 gallon bucket under the drain plugs. You probably will not have that issue with yours. I would also recommend having some flexible type of tubing to use with your funnel when you're draining and adding new fluids, some of the drain plugs are in tight spots especially when your trying to angle it to your oil catch pan.

/ 50 Hour Service #6  
I invested in a large capacity (?30 gallons) low slung plastic wheeled oil catching device. I just wheel it under the relevant filter or drain plug, open up the drain and the oil just disappears. It even has convenient molded spots to put a filter so it can continue to drain and spots where you can store a drain plug. The drain has a slotted seive so you cannot accidently drop the drain plug into the soup. I haven't had to empty it yet but it is well designed for that as well. I think I got it from Northern and while it did cost about $100 it has been very handy.

/ 50 Hour Service #7  
This is the C style filter wrench that I found useful. HF sells them cheap.

Attachments

• 36778-t.gif
    36778-t.gif
    2.1 KB · Views: 466
   / 50 Hour Service #8  
I had my 50 hrs service done recently on My DK 40se HST and had the dealer come out to my yard as it was free service when buying from him. However he didn't change the hydraulic fluids or filter as he said that the Kioti dealer now said it's not required until 250 hours.

/ 50 Hour Service #9  
I had my 50 hrs service done recently on My DK 40se HST and had the dealer come out to my yard as it was free service when buying from him. However he didn't change the hydraulic fluids or filter as he said that the Kioti dealer now said it's not required until 250 hours.

If that is true that is a pretty big savings on the expense for the 50 hr service. As I recall the filter is about $70 and the hydraulic fluids about the same. Any other dealers able to confirm this service bulletin chanage?

/ 50 Hour Service

That would be quite a change from what has been the standard. I agree with Island - can we hear from some of the dealers on this? That would be a lot more reasonable if it were true but I want to make sure I do the right thing here when I do my 50 hr. service.