Headlight / Rear light solutions

/ Headlight / Rear light solutions #1  

CowwFace

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45SE HST, 401FEL, RB40-96 pivoting Rear Blade
Hey List,

Last night was the first time I've used my dk40 at night and yikes! with the FEL mounted the headlights are useless. I've got a tractor light I picked up at harbor freight for $9.00 that I'm going to put on the rear... but what have others done for foward lights?

I'm thinking mounting some to the ROPS bar possibly? any other ideas out there?

Carry on,
Phill

/ Headlight / Rear light solutions #2  
The cab has lights up top which aren't very helpful either. My problem is the side lamps throw so much glare.

/ Headlight / Rear light solutions #3  
My dealer had put the round light (back work light) on for me when I purchased the tractor. Found last winter when we had much more than our usual amount of snow (over 5 ft) that when I was using the front bucket to move and lift the snow it would block the head lights. Just yesterday I put on the two fog lights using the "customer" use 15 amp circuit. I do plan on adding one more light facing forward, it will be a clear halogen to give me good forward light. Had the fog lights from a few years ago and never used them, the bracket was from some spare aluminum, had that for years as well. Have 151 hours my CK35 in about 16 months.

Attachments

• CK35Worklight.jpg
    CK35Worklight.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 211
   / Headlight / Rear light solutions #4  
Hey List,

Last night was the first time I've used my dk40 at night and yikes! with the FEL mounted the headlights are useless. I've got a tractor light I picked up at harbor freight for $9.00 that I'm going to put on the rear... but what have others done for foward lights?

I'm thinking mounting some to the ROPS bar possibly? any other ideas out there?

Carry on,
Phill
I mounted a wells ag canopy to my 2008 DK40se and had my dealer(michigan iron equipment)mount 2 front halogen and 1 rear halogen lights and they are the cats *****,great vision now.coobie

/ Headlight / Rear light solutions #5  
I mounted three 55-watt trapazoidal floodlights to a piece of unistrut, two facing front, one facing back, and then used U-bolts to clamp it to my roll bar. I wired them directly to the customer fuse in the fuse block and put a water proof marine rocker switch on the back of the 3pH lift control lever cover. This is very similar to the way that others have done it. Do a search here and you'll find photos (of others, not mine) on here.

/ Headlight / Rear light solutions
Thanks for your replies guys.

I'll do a search and see what I can find. I was planning on drilling a hole in the ROPS <small hole> so I can run the wires inside the bar... I can imagine that it will weaken it slightly... but I don't think it will be a big deal.

Phill

/ Headlight / Rear light solutions #7  
CowwFace

my JD 2210 has low beam H4 bulbs
i replaced them with 10000K HID kit bulbs
the goal was usable light not pimp
link for product only do not know the vendor
XerayUSA :: Quality Products for Life and Security - $60 HID Xenon Kit
draw is 35w vs 55w per light
color is very white
my kit came from my jeep(hella H4 glass) so i swaped the high and low beam cables on the hid assembly that plugs in to the existing headlight plug so low beam is now high beam
i put the xformers between the battery and the grill

tkoza

/ Headlight / Rear light solutions
CowwFace

my JD 2210 has low beam H4 bulbs
i replaced them with 10000K HID kit bulbs
the goal was usable light not pimp
link for product only do not know the vendor
XerayUSA :: Quality Products for Life and Security - $60 HID Xenon Kit
draw is 35w vs 55w per light
color is very white
my kit came from my jeep(hella H4 glass) so i swaped the high and low beam cables on the hid assembly that plugs in to the existing headlight plug so low beam is now high beam
i put the xformers between the battery and the grill

tkoza

Hey Tkoza,

That has got to put out some light! Does it blind you if it reflects off of the back of your loader bucket? Or did you run wires for the transformers to the ROPS? I'd love to see a picture of that setup!

Carry on,
Phill

/ Headlight / Rear light solutions #9  
phill
i will get pic over the weekend

i have only used it one night mowing with great success they make my JD 688 bulb worklights look like candles

they are installed as my headlights

wiring from the bulb unit to the xformer is silicone jacket but it is a common 2 conductor weather pac so extension should be easy

my end goal was more light for the snow season up here at the corner of I-90, I-88(NY)

on the HID kits most are conventional lighting on low beam and HID on Hi Beam

they do have a short warm up time about a minute till full bright

todd

/ Headlight / Rear light solutions #10  
phill

here are the pics

flash was off and point and shoot

on the FEL i can read the warning label clearly

sorry for the green paint in this section but the issue was lighting not paint

besides the green guys want an air suspension and subs

todd k

Attachments