Backhoe BACKHOE QUESTION

/ BACKHOE QUESTION #1  

gumshu

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 2025R TLB, Kubota L4802 and Can Am Defender HD7
BACKHOE HYDRAULIC QUESTION

Does anyone have a backhoe attached to a CK35,30 or 25 using the standard selectable A - B rear remote hydraulic connections? I have a Bobcat CT235 (CK35) and my dealer told me that this is the hydraulic configuration for the standard Bobcat (Rhino) backhoe. He also said it's good for Top & Tilt.

I'm used to one output hose from the tractor, which goes to the input of the hoe... and a return hose from the hoe to the tractor.

QUESTION:
If I have "A" selected as the output from the CUT, will the return hose from the hoe connect to the "B" connection on the CUT?

This is the only thing I can think of, but "A" and "B" are both selectable as output sides.

Thanks

Last edited:
   / BACKHOE QUESTION #2  
My understanding is that the A and B lever reverses the flow to the rear implements. I guess some implements run with reverse flow, my backhoe works in the A position. There are several threads on here about what happens if you take the backhoe off and accidentally put the rear hydraulic lever in the on position, either A of B, you can burn out the hydraulic pump.

/ BACKHOE QUESTION
My understanding is that the A and B lever reverses the flow to the rear implements. I guess some implements run with reverse flow, my backhoe works in the A position. There are several threads on here about what happens if you take the backhoe off and accidentally put the rear hydraulic lever in the on position, either A of B, you can burn out the hydraulic pump.
Thanks Gil. So you connect the "A" connection on the tractor to the input connection on the backhoe and then your output from the backhoe to the "B" connector on the tractor? This is the only way I can think of making this work unless another separate return (from the hoe) to the tractor is required. Thanks aging Gil.

/ BACKHOE QUESTION #4  
Thanks Gil. So you connect the "A" connection on the tractor to the input connection on the backhoe and then your output from the backhoe to the "B" connector on the tractor? This is the only way I can think of making this work unless another separate return (from the hoe) to the tractor is required. Thanks aging Gil.

You have it correct as you have written. That's how my Ck30hst with 2375 bh hooks up and works fine. Just remember to put the lever in the middle position when the bh is off or as Gil advised, hyd pump problems due to dead heading the fluid flow.

/ BACKHOE QUESTION
You have it correct as you have written. That's how my Ck30hst with 2375 bh hooks up and works fine. Just remember to put the lever in the middle position when the bh is off or as Gil advised, hyd pump problems due to dead heading the fluid flow.
Thanks Victor. I appreciate the feedback I thought that was how it worked, but wasn't sure if I had to add an additional return line. I thought the two connections could have both been output lines. Thanks again :)