Hydraulic leak

/ Hydraulic leak #1  

drjay9051

Gold Member
Morriston, Fl. 40 miles west of Ocala. More cows
Tractor
Kioti DK 40 HST
New to tractors and I have a problem. I used my CK25 to dig out a tree. I used the FEL to push the tree over and rather than back off I thought I was driving a tank and ran over the tree. Big mistake. All of the sudden a hydraulic geyser!! On the right side of tractor (if in the driver seat) just below the step is a steel box into which the four FEL lines feed. There is a solitary tube which than goes to another steel line which runs along the underside of the frame. The two steel lines are connected by a short (4 or 5 inch) hydraulic line. This rubber hydraulic line was ripped by the stump of the tree. Sorry no pics. Very hard to get line off. Now here is my question can I use any hydaulic line from NAPA or is it specific to this tractor> The two lines joined by the hose are offset a bit. I dont know if this is the way they should be or if the Line bent. No dealer for 100 miles so I cannot just drop in and look at another CK25.

Any help is appreciated. Guess I learned a big lesson this time around. Hope running the tractor for a couple of minutes with low fluid did not ruin anything!!!!

Thank you
J

/ Hydraulic leak #2  
It sounds like a return hose since it is just clamped on-there is low pressure there so any good hose will work fine.

After the repair and fluid fill-keep an eye on the fluid and if it's foamy then you have NOT repaired the pipe well enough because it is sucking air.

The underside of most CUT's are very vulnerable around the mid-section as you have just learned!

/ Hydraulic leak
Kennyd:

Appreciate the help. I was worried since It is pretty new and thought I did major damage. I will get a piece of hydraulic and replace. By foamy do you mean white in color? Thanks again

J

/ Hydraulic leak #4  
Yeah-white in color, you will know it when you see it.

/ Hydraulic leak #5  
I have done some unintentional adjusting to that plumbing as well. The little 4 inch section of hose that you are talking about is on the return line. You notice that on the bottom end of that hose the line becomes really big like a one inch line back to the pump. My 4" hose (on the tractor) is stretched and offset but appears to be functional so I leave it. The metal pipe that feeds the loader block and is very low hanging is the usual suspect for damage.

I would use any hose rated for petroleum. Be sure that the ID is the right size.

I've run my hydro system dry a few times now by ripping off that low hanging grey hydro filter just aft of the hose you ripped. No apparent damage. When you lose enough hydro fluid you will lose FEL function, steering, and HST motion so it is bad news.

/ Hydraulic leak #6