Parking Brake Light

/ Parking Brake Light #1  

the fox 1940

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30, 2005
I have a 2006 Kioti CK30 Hst. Fel & bh.
Has anyone out there been having trouble with there Parking brake light
not coming on in the dash, when you press the Brake Pedal or set the Brakes ?
I have pulled the dash out and checked the bulb and it is GOOD .. Have taken out the brake switch and I have power too it BUT when you press the brake so it is in the on postion I don't get a reading on the other wire ( as there are 2 wires coming from it ) I can hear it click in the fuse box as the switch is turned on and off. But no light on the dash.Maybe it is in the switch,
I'm thinking .....
Any help would be a appreicated..
The Fox.

/ Parking Brake Light #2  
If you have power "in" and nothing "out" when the brake switch is closed, you have a defective switch. To be sure, using an ohm's meter, check the "out" wire between the switch and the dash indicator for continuity;if you have it, you know your switch is bad

/ Parking Brake Light
I took a piece of wire and jumped it from one wire to the other in the plug on the live side of the plug, and I did not have the light come on.I thought I would BUT I will try again what you have suggested and see if I am doing this right. Usually I can figure these things out. I phoned the dealer here and he didn't have a clue how to fix it. Go figure. He said he calls Tech Support.
Dave

/ Parking Brake Light #4  
Your first post sounds like a bad switch and then with jumping the switch it sounds like a ground issue or builb socket. I have tried jumping a wire like you did and not make solid enough connection for it to work. A layer of dust can even prevent it working.

/ Parking Brake Light
I can't get another switch from the Dealer as he does not have one to try.
But I'll go at this tomorrow and see if I can get continunity from the plug up through the bulb. with your suggestions something will show up..
I have had this dsh apart so many times lately I think I could do it in the dark.
But I will fix it.......
Dave

/ Parking Brake Light #6  
There are 2 switches for the brakes. The switch on the pedal completes the circuit for the rear brake lights. The dash light only illuminates when the parking brake handle is locked on the brakes. Make sure you are checking the switch on the parking brake lock handle, not the brake pedal switch. If your rear brake lights work, you may be checking the wrong switch.

/ Parking Brake Light
Now you added another mix to this problem. LOL.
The switch that I have been fooling with is right up under the dash that is hooked up off the brake pedal. So when you put the brakes on you can pull the handle and lock the brakes on. Now is there another switch somewhere that I should be looking for ?? And if so where should I go looking ??
I made a mistake in saying my unit was a 2006 it is actually a 2005. Not that it matters maybe in this case. Sorry about that.
I'm thinking as Patches said must be the switch, but lets keep going. No power on the one line out when the switches is pushed in .
Thanks for your input MichiganIron. Any sugesstions or help is greatly received.
Dave

/ Parking Brake Light
MICHIGAN IRON :
Now that I have read and re-read your note you have be thinking .
No there is no wires coming off that locking lever, as the other day the bolt came out and it fell a part.. So Yes! your right how could you get power up too the dash light ? If the locking lever turns on the dash light ??
Is there wires that hook up too it? Man I think I could be fighting something I can't fix.
Dave

/ Parking Brake Light
Michigan Iron
Have found the problem.
Yes Michigan Iron your right there is a micro switch up under that lever for the locking device.
The swich was stuck in the OFF postion. I think now I have it working.
Thanks so much for your input.
dave

/ Parking Brake Light #10  
We just got caught up with your messages. Glad to hear you got it it sorted out. There are two seperate switched circuits, one for the dash light, one for the rear light. The dash light is switched from the locking lever.

Regards,