possible hydraulic pump problem

/ possible hydraulic pump problem #1  

neilnh

I have a DK35 with about 430 hours on it and I love it!! But I'm wondering if the hydraulic pump might be having some kind of problem. The backhoe will drop down to the ground with the engine running. I have to reach back about every 10 to 15 minutes and bring her back up. I have not noticed any leaking oil and hydraulic fluid was just changed and is up to level. Also I'm not sure if the FEL has the lift it's suppose to have(I think its around 1400 lbs at the pivot pins) and it seems to squeal alot when I try to pick up a good sized stone. Is there an easy way to check the pump pressure? Any thoughts? Thanks for any and all help!

/ possible hydraulic pump problem #2  
Get a gauge and a male quick disconnect and take a reading from your remote outlet,As far as the backhoe dropping that is an internal leak either the valve or piston and has nothing to do with the pump.

/ possible hydraulic pump problem #3  
Get a gauge and a male quick disconnect and take a reading from your remote outlet,As far as the backhoe dropping that is an internal leak either the valve or piston and has nothing to do with the pump.

Second Ken.
Joel

/ possible hydraulic pump problem
Thanks for the answers! I will check it out.

/ possible hydraulic pump problem #5  
Don't you have an 'up-right' lock on that hoe ?

/ possible hydraulic pump problem #6  
I for one find it difficult to line up the holes on the lock to slide the pin in.

I can drive around for some time before the hoe weeps down.

Joel

/ possible hydraulic pump problem #7  
I for one find it difficult to line up the holes on the lock to slide the pin in.

I can drive around for some time before the hoe weeps down.

Joel

YOU? The Champion of the First Annual Wallace Barbeque Tractor Dexterity Contest? Don't say too much more....we'll strip you of that title faster than they did Miss California! :D

Attachments

• DSC01726.JPG
    DSC01726.JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 108