Well....I tore some stuff up today

/ Well....I tore some stuff up today #1  

MotorSeven

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti DK40SE Hydro
First I was trying to make a trail thru the woods to get to my deer stand so I could grub it out. I had cracked my sunshade lengthwise(3') earlier this year by driving under a low hanging limb in the pasture. While in the woods, I snagged it on a small dead tree & 1/3 of it shattered. I did make it back to the food plot area and was grubbing a little half acre area that had overgrown for 3 years. I was almost finished, went to back off of a pile of shrubs and jammed a 3" stick up under the left side engine shroud. The stick made it's way into the radiator fan and cleanly took relieved it of all the blades:( No damage to the radiator & I'm glad that the fan was plastic. A metal one would most likely have torn something else up.

I guess it could have benn worse. This is the second time I have managed to knock off the metal engine shroud. I think it could use a better attachment point, especially in the middle where things seenm to get between it and the bottom of the engne compartment. I may have to do a little modification to it.

Be carefull out there grubbing, particularly when backing up. It is just hard on our machines, but a necessary evil.

RD

/ Well....I tore some stuff up today #3  
Ouch..wonder what your tractor nickname might be. ;)

/ Well....I tore some stuff up today #4  
some days are just better spent __________________

/ Well....I tore some stuff up today #5  
Clear to see when some have Rick tree proof their machines.

Always amazed at how strong some branches can be.

Joel

/ Well....I tore some stuff up today #6  
A fellow who we rent heavy equipment from once told me that he will not rent machines for brush clearing,says he always ends up doing repairs if he does....Mike.

/ Well....I tore some stuff up today #7  
Northcreek2624; I rented a dozer and excavator and had to SIGN an agreement that I would not use them for logging or wood clearing.

/ Well....I tore some stuff up today
I was never impressed with the plastic sunshade or it's light weight mounting bracket. I kinda felt like in a roll over, I would be wearing it as a hat. So, I am going to take this "opportunity" to add a real roll cage w/front struts and put a metal roof up there. A belly pan would be nice & I am going to look into that while building the cage.
It's all "operator error", but some steel, mesh & welding can take some of the "error" out.
I'll post some pic's soon.

RD

/ Well....I tore some stuff up today #9  
I was never impressed with the plastic sunshade or it's light weight mounting bracket. I kinda felt like in a roll over, I would be wearing it as a hat. So, I am going to take this "opportunity" to add a real roll cage w/front struts and put a metal roof up there. A belly pan would be nice & I am going to look into that while building the cage.
It's all "operator error", but some steel, mesh & welding can take some of the "error" out.
I'll post some pic's soon.

RD

Sounds like fun bring it by lets build it:D
One word to the wise...make sure you put some type of foam on the bottom of your new metal sunshade.... or you may think you motor has a bad knock to it.
The echoes you get from a metal sunshade will drive you crazy!

/ Well....I tore some stuff up today #10  
If you need a fan we do stock them;)