Buy a Kioti or Stay Away Please Help Looking to buy a new Tractor CK30 HST/CK35 HST

/ Buy a Kioti or Stay Away Please Help Looking to buy a new Tractor CK30 HST/CK35 HST #1  

Jody Marchand

Be easy on me, I'm new to this :eek:). I just registered and think this is a great site. I've been looking at buying a new tractor for the last few weeks know and I'm really liking the CK30 or CK35 HST I like the size of the machine and the fit and finish. I'm only going to be using it around my house for spreading the odd load of gravel and spreading topsoil and perhaps adding a front plow for moving snow in the winter, I looking at getting the industrial tires cause it likes the best of both worlds for my use. Any help or suggestions for my tractor choice would be GREAT. I live in Nova Scotia and The TRACTOR DOME is about 20 minutes away who is my local dealer. I've looked at John Deere, and Kubota and Kioti and the kioti really stand out for me. I'm going to look at the bobcats tomorrow to see what they have to offer. Looking at the pictures tonite on the computer of the Bobcat tractors they look alot like the kioti. Any help or suggestions would be great

/ Buy a Kioti or Stay Away Please Help Looking to buy a new Tractor CK30 HST/CK35 HST #2  
I've been very happy with my dk40se, so far I'm at 138 hrs with no issues.
Bobcat and kitoi are the same tractor except for the FEL and maybe a few differences in standard options.

/ Buy a Kioti or Stay Away Please Help Looking to buy a new Tractor CK30 HST/CK35 HST #3  
Bobcat compacts are made by Kioti - but have different loaders. They also have some impressive incentives occasionally.
If you think the 30 HP model will meet your needs and have the room in the budget, step up to the 35HP - the added lift capacities and the extra couple of PTO HP are worth it.
when sizing attachments, make sure they're wide enough to "cover your tracks" -- this means it the tractor is 60" across at the rear tires, get at least a 60" wide box blade, 66" is even better.
rough cut mower (brush hog) - figure 5 PTO HP for each foot of cut, so a 5' mower needs 25 PTO HP, a 6' needs roughly 30HP, etc... (CK30 has 24PTO HP, CK35 is 27.6)

Lots of folks have strong AG tire preferences for traction, and they're right - ag tires give the most traction. On the other hand, industrials are pretty forgiving of lawn, have decent traction anywhere but muck, and are more puncture resistant than ag and turf tires. (yup, I have R-4 industrial tires on my machine)

go test drive, have fun, see what kind of a deal you can get.
good luck!

/ Buy a Kioti or Stay Away Please Help Looking to buy a new Tractor CK30 HST/CK35 HST #4  
Good luck with Tractor Dome. I tried to shop there for a riding mower. I always do my initial contact when shopping by email. They ignored both of my emailed inquiries so I bought elsewhere. I guess they don't care.

/ Buy a Kioti or Stay Away Please Help Looking to buy a new Tractor CK30 HST/CK35 HST #5  
Hi,
I have the CK35 HST with a woods backhoe. I looked for about 6 months and really feel the Kioti is the best tractor. Well built/finished and heavy. Went with the R4 tires. Having a 4 year warranty is nice as well. Have 167 hours on it in about 17 months. It has performed better than I expected. My friend works for golf coarse that uses a John Deere and thinks my Kioti is 10 times the tractor. Good luck in your hunt but you can't go wrong with a Kioti.

Attachments

• Woodsbackhoe04.jpg
    Woodsbackhoe04.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 397
  • Woodsbackhoe08.jpg
    Woodsbackhoe08.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 384
   / Buy a Kioti or Stay Away Please Help Looking to buy a new Tractor CK30 HST/CK35 HST #6  
Trust your instincts.

/ Buy a Kioti or Stay Away Please Help Looking to buy a new Tractor CK30 HST/CK35 HST #7  
I have to say that when I was tractor shopping, I knew nothing about Kioti. I was looking at everything BUT Kioti. I even considered a Mahindra.
It turned out that my choice kinda fell into my lap...a 140 hour DK45 cab with loader and backhoe. At 23 large it was almost a no-brainer. Best snap decision I have made in a long time.

/ Buy a Kioti or Stay Away Please Help Looking to buy a new Tractor CK30 HST/CK35 HST
Thanks for the GREAT feedback, the kioti really impressed me. I think I'm going to look hard at buying the CK 35 HST. More feedback and suggestions would be great Thanks much appreciated

/ Buy a Kioti or Stay Away Please Help Looking to buy a new Tractor CK30 HST/CK35 HST #9  
I've owned my Kioti DK 35 for 8 years and around 1350 hours.
It has been an excellant tractor for me.
Works great every time I use it. No problems.

/ Buy a Kioti or Stay Away Please Help Looking to buy a new Tractor CK30 HST/CK35 HST #10  
Given your general "around the house" tasks, you might also look at the smaller CK20. Nothing on your list it couldn't do and is both cheaper and easier to store/manuver etc. FEL capacity is within a hundred pounds or so of what the CK30/35 can handle.

I had one and loved it. I replaced it with a DK40se but miss the CK20 for general tasks of the type you are describing because it was so much more manuverable and scaled right for yard duties.