Default GREASE: Best grease on the market for the loader pins?

Just bought a new Kioti CK35 HST with L130 loader and was wondering what's the best grease to purchase for the loader pins that withstands good impact and doesn't squeeze out quickly, any help or suggestions would be great, I know that applying grease frequently with any kind of grease is good but I'm sure there's a good grade grease on the market available to do a better job at keeping the friction/wear down. Thanks
    Also I forgot to mention that people have told me that 5% Moly Caterpillar grease is really good stuff Thanks

Tractor
    Kioti DK40SE Hydro

Default Re: GREASE: Best grease on the market for the loader pins?

I don't think it really matters, just keep 'em greased. Im sure HighBeam will chime in since he goes thru about a tube a week

RD
    2008 KIOTI DK40Se Hydro
    1978 Sling Blade/wood handle

Tractor
    Kioti CK20 (S) HST

I agree with the any grease is better than no grease philophy. My dealer recommends High temp.

rimshot
    CK20(s) HST , snow blower, hoe, FEL

Tractor
    JD TLB 110

Moly grease is probably the best from the standpoint of machine longevity. And, in a purely industrial environment I would specify it in a heartbeat.

I don't use it for my home-based tractor because I have found that no matter what grease I use, blobs drop off the tractor and sometimes get tracked around on the bottom of my shoes.

If I use the non-moly red grease I have a chance of cleaning it off the carpet if I track some in, with the black, highly staining moly grease, I would have no chance at all of cleaning it acceptably.

For me it is purely an economic choice -- the cost of new tractor parts and bushings times the fairly low probability of needing them in my lifetime is less than the cost of new carpets times the much higher probability of needing them if I use moly grease.

Sometimes, the lowest-cost route is based on factors other than just equipment life.
    40 Acres on a hill - fantastic view. JD 110 TLB, 4-n-1, 12" bucket, 18" bucket, Addington thumb, rock bucket (doubles as root grapple)

Not only do we not understand the universe, if someone explained it to us, we would not know what he was talking about.

Isaac Asimov

Tractor
    Kioti CK30

I know I could read the manuals for some of this but the sage of experience is a better source: What are some good guidelines for overall maintenance of a tractor and implements? How often to grease the FEL, tractor? I know most implements would be on an "as used" basis but what is best for the major units?

Tractor
    Kioti DK35, Ford 8N, Oliver Cletrac

I use Mobil synthetic.
    I can't control my day but I can control my attitude.

Tractor
    Kioti CK35 HST

I use moly grease, get it at TSC and it's relatively cheap too.
    2008 Kioti CK35 HST, KL130P FEL, Woods BH80X hyd thumb backhoe, Woods Brushbull BB60, King Kutter II 60" tiller, Markham grapple, Caroni 72" finish mower

Tractor
    Case 885, JD 730D, Ford 4000

Quote Originally Posted by lakngulf View Post
    I know I could read the manuals for some of this but the sage of experience is a better source: What are some good guidelines for overall maintenance of a tractor and implements? How often to grease the FEL, tractor? I know most implements would be on an "as used" basis but what is best for the major units?
    The experience of this sage says to read and follow the operator's manual. The folks who authored them are paid to assist you in getting the best performance from your machine. (Or at least get you through the warranty period without failures if possible)

SF Bay Area-Ca Olympia WA Salzburg Austria
    Tractor
    Cat D3, Deere 110 TLB, Kubota BX23 and L3800 Craftsman Mower

A number of us use TRC grease...

Here is one of many threads about it...

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...oly-880-a.html

One reason I like it because it has not separated like the stuff I was buying at the Auto Parts Store.