DK40SE HST VS 84" BLOWER

/ DK40SE HST VS 84" BLOWER #1  

derek01

Bronze Member
Has anybody out there tried using a 7 ft blower on a 40 hp Kioti mine has turf tires and the 7 ft blower is wide enough to open the path for it a couple of dealers have suggested against it. the different manufacturers blower all have different Hp requirements of which 40 HP is at the lower end. We do not usually have more then 1 foot of snow at any given time and with the hst I can move the tractor slowly.

/ DK40SE HST VS 84" BLOWER #2  
I'm using a 74" blower on my 28HP gear tractor(LK3054xs TLB). I've no problem what-so-ever finding a gear slow enough, so as not to crowd the blower. I would be truely amazed if your 40HP couldn't handle another 10" of auger, especially considering your typical snow fall

/ DK40SE HST VS 84" BLOWER #3  
You should have plenty of hp for an 84" blower. I have a 78" on a 40hp tractor and have no problem at all. You just have to slow down when there is more snow and you have a hst so you will be able to go as slow as needed.

/ DK40SE HST VS 84" BLOWER
Thanks guys I thought it would work but a little experience is always best before a large purchase

/ DK40SE HST VS 84" BLOWER #5  
My tractor is 35 hp and the dealer recommended the 76" blower I have for my tractor. His advice was good, in deeper snow just gear it down and take a slower bite.

/ DK40SE HST VS 84" BLOWER #6  
As long as the tractor will pick it up (within reason) it won't be too big. You will soon find out how fast you can go when you have to move the snow. It's all about the amount of snow you will be blowing through that will dictate what size you will be comfortable with. If you are getting a foot or more at a time I would recommend one that covers your tire tracks, if you only get up to 8" at a time go with something wider but remember to get something that will go into your building or shelter with it on the tractor. Just think of all the senarios that you think you may be in base it on that.

Steve