3-Point Hitch 3pt Woods backhoe

/ 3pt Woods backhoe #1  

45LC

The question I have is a Woods 650 3pt backhoe something I want to look at to put on a CK20hst. Price is $750.00 and from the pic I saw it does not look to be in bad shape. It has a pto driven hydraulic pump so I would guess it's own oil tank.

/ 3pt Woods backhoe #2  
It's going to be hard to beat that $750 for a three point backhoe especially when you consider a new Kioti 2465 would run close to $6000.00 with a subframe. If the Woods backhoe can be purchased for that I'll bet you could buy the thing and trade it in for a new one if you reall want a good hoe. Then too, if this thing adapts and runs to suit your needs it could be all you need.

rimshot

/ 3pt Woods backhoe #3  
Sounds like a great deal I would buy in in a heartbeat If it has the PTO pump thats a bonus and they alone are worth allot. It should have a tank right behind the seat.They were well constructed backhoes.Just be watchful for leaks and cracks. for this price cracks might not be to bad, You can repair most ..Good luck and pictures if you get em.

/ 3pt Woods backhoe #4  
Sounds like a good price even if you have to do some minor repairs. Rimshot mentioned that it is a 3pt attach bh. From what I have heard, a 3pt bh can be a little tough on the tractor 3pt mounts. I'm sure someone with better experience or knowledge can advise. I know my frame mounted KB2375 can move my CK30hst around if I do some tougher digging.

/ 3pt Woods backhoe #5  
On page 3-5 of my CK20 manual where it lists implement sizes it says ( Do not use 3 point hitch backhoe). As much as this machine moves around with a sub-frame mount I think a 3 point mount would would break the tractor.

/ 3pt Woods backhoe
Thank you for the replies guys, at this point I might not even end up with it as I can't get in touch with the owner. It's on Craigs list and my track record is not very good on that site.

My thoughts were that for the price if it was'nt beat to death I could make it into a subframe mount, does that sound possiable.

My older brother was a welding insructor for General Dynamics when I was a kid and he tried to pass on a little knowledge. Not that I always listened to him lol, but I think I'm capable.

/ 3pt Woods backhoe #7  
It almost sounds too cheap. My manual says not to use a 3ph BH either, maybe check with your dealer.

If it is that price, heck, it's a deal.

/ 3pt Woods backhoe #8  
You can buy a subframe from Woods that will mount it to the CK20

/ 3pt Woods backhoe
You can buy a subframe from Woods that will mount it to the CK20

How much would one cost, it would be easier than making one. Would you recomend this backhoe for a CK20hst if it is decent condition. It's not going to used on a regular basis and if I can save a buck here, it' money I spend on other attachments.

Thanks Steve.

/ 3pt Woods backhoe #10  
That backhoe is no problem for the CK20 as long as it is subframe mounted.
The mount is a 4 point subframe and it list out for $1,700
I have one here I will sell it for $1,500