Who has the most hours on their Kioti?

/ Who has the most hours on their Kioti? #1  

Dargo

Tractor
Jinma, Foton, TYM, Belarus, Yanmar, Branson, Montana, Mahindra and maybe some green and orange too.
A dealer I know is considering picking up Kioti. I can't get more specific than that. However, one concern he expressed to me was that he's never heard of a Kioti with 2500, 3000, 4000 etc. hours on them. Most of his current brand tractors are hitting his shop for overhauls around 10k hours or so. He said when he was asking around the most he ever heard was from owners who had something like 700 or 800 hours on their Kioti tractors. Clearly, that's not very many. Quite a few of his customers put more than twice that on their machines in a year.

Being that I feel that this site has the largest group of Kioti members of any place on the internet, I thought I'd pose the question here as to who has the most hours on their Kioti. Also, if you have 3000, 4000 hours etc. on your Kioti, would you be willing to send an email giving Kioti a good reference along with a picture of the hour meter etc. on your tractor to this guy? My thought is, since he's keeping this on the quiet, I could get him an anonymous email address and people could send recommendations and testimonials to that address. So, how many hours ya got on your Kioti?

/ Who has the most hours on their Kioti? #2  
I know you are wanting end users but I can tell you what I have sold and the hrs--
I have one customer with alot of hrs for the year.
Well at least considering most hardly put 100 hrs a year on one around here LOL.
He has a 2004 DK45 with at last count 1800 hrs on it.
He is self-admittedly "Hard on equipment".
Nothing but filters so far, oh and an ignition switch.
I think next behind him is a DK45 and a DK55 with 1400-1600, some other machines in the 1200 to 800 area.
Most are between 600 and 800.
I really don't see my customers very often after the sale......
Have never changed an engine, except for in an old 3054....they just don't run well without oil in the crankcase. :eek:

BTI

/ Who has the most hours on their Kioti? #3  
I have a 2006 Dk35 with 965 hours. I follow the book on fluid changes and adjustments. I replaced a broken seat under warranty and so far have not had any other issues.

I did have to replace the front tires this past summer.

/ Who has the most hours on their Kioti? #4  
I'm not even close to highest hrs, but with 143 trouble free hrs in about 8 months I am very happy with my kioti.

/ Who has the most hours on their Kioti?
I know you are wanting end users but I can tell you what I have sold and the hrs--
I have one customer with alot of hrs for the year.
Well at least considering most hardly put 100 hrs a year on one around here LOL.
He has a 2004 DK45 with at last count 1800 hrs on it.

You're right, he's really looking for end users. For relatively obvious reasons he's not finding many large Kioti dealerships willing to open up their books to him nor really give him free access to all shop information. I understand as well that not doing so isn't hiding anything, it's just not really good business to release all information to just anyone. And, as I'm sure you know, this isn't some weird joke by me. I told him that I'm relatively sure that there are plenty of Kioti tractors out there with thousands of hours on them. He's a third generation owner and someone has him convinced that Kioti is just entry level tractors that are great for homeowner use or weekend warrior use but he seems to have some serious doubts about them holding up like the brands his family has sold for generations.

My plate is full. I'm not looking into buying any other businesses or even going in on other businesses right now. I'm just trying to tell him that with Kioti virtually non-existent in this market area that I think he could move some iron. What he is considering is a 2nd tier line of tractors but wants absolutely nothing to do with Chinese made tractors or a Belarus type of tractor. I'm trying to tell him that Kioti and Mahindra are much closer to the brands he sells than to those he won't consider. To be blunt, he sort of challenged me to show him all these Kioti tractors with a few thousand hours on them. This is the only place I could think of.

I understand his fear. After generations of building a great reputation for standing behind their machines, they have also had machines that have well established histories of lasting to that 8k to 10k mark. He told me that his reputation would be shot if he brought on Kioti tractors, sold a load of them to one of his fleet customers and then had them all dropping dead at 2k to 3k hours on them. I'm just asking for help in proving him wrong; or more correctly, proving whoever told him that wrong. And, yeah, y'all know I'd most likely be all over him looking at a new DK90 all decked out in a couple of years. Of course, I'd expect a great deal from him on one for being a big factor in him considering them.

I may have to run and hide if this thread gets me in trouble with him. I'm sure he doesn't know I'm going to this extent to find some examples of relatively higher hour Kioti tractors. C'mon guys, don't let me end up with egg on my face. There's gotta be some 4k, 5k, 6k hour Kioti tractors out there somewhere....isn't there?

/ Who has the most hours on their Kioti? #6  
I'm not sure many of the posters on this site would be putting those kind of numbers up. My 07 45sehst only has about 420 on it. Next aug or sep I will have 3 years on it, and roughly estimating the usage I normally use it for, plus the 2 or 3 anticipated projects, I will likely not crack 750. Now, if we get alot of snow this year, maybe I'll reach 800, but that is doubtful.

Good luck on this. I know professionals that aren't cracking 1600 on a piece in a year on a skidsteer. these guys have multiple pieces. Even the smaller outfits (one guy operations) have two skidsteers and a trackhoe. Maybe that is the only piece of equipment they are running for every job they do. At 1600 in a year, that is 40 - 40 hour weeks (rough est only). In PA, there are times of the year that you better have a heck of a piece of equipment to dig in the ground due to the ground being frozen.

Would it be a true apples to apples comparison if the clock hours read differently? My limited understanding of clocks is that they don't all track the same, with some reading the rpms more than others. I'm a homeowner, and I couldn't see a homeowner running theirs more than me on average. I barely got out of the tractor last summer with all the dirt, gravel, sandstone, and topsoil I moved, besides the grass cutting and tilling, post hole digging etc.

I guess my question is, what is average? Then, what is average for a homeowner vs. equipment operators?

Thanks for the post, you have me thinking about some things now.

I believe this is sort of the crux of the issue; I'm claiming that Kioti has moved from the 'price leader' to now ready be considered with commercial equipment. He's been told, and apparently believes, Kioti is just another homeowner grade tractor that's only sold on price point and are basically disposable when compared to what they have sold for generations. I'm sort of getting worried about being able to prove him wrong with real live examples. Am I wrong? Aren't there any Kioti tractors out there with any hours on them? He has dozens of examples with 2k or 3k hours on them sitting all over his lot, from his used lot to his service department to a couple of his loaners. Where are you guys with some hours on your Kioti tractors??

/ Who has the most hours on their Kioti? #9  
Dargo you have to remember that Kioti is still a relatively new brand in the US and even though it has been here for 20 years or so most of the sales have been made in the past 5-10 years. As Kioti only came out with "Ag" type tractors with the DK65 (maybe also DK45S) about five or six years ago there hasn't been much time for commercial users to rack up 8,000 hours or so. Most of us on TBN are personal users and put on a couple hundred hours a year. Takes a while to reach the hours you are looking for at that rate.

Unfortunately, that's how the competition is painting Kioti; as a small company that sells their products out of roadside shacks to customers who will never expect them to work more than 2000 hours. I don't believe that's true about them. However, if I were a potential dealer and I couldn't find any evidence that Kioti tractors are built to make it more than a couple thousand hours, I'd most likely pass on them and move on to Mahindra, which is the other brand he's considering. Mahindra is able to provide him with lists of customer testimonials where they have 2k, 3k and even 4k hours on their machines.

As I've said before, I like Mahindra tractors, but I hate to see them continue to keep Kioti out of this part of the country and paint Kioti as a tractor only for the new tractor buyer (who doesn't know any better) and for light homeowner use. This is why none of the bigger, well established, tractor dealerships in my area carry Kioti and most won't consider doing so. With no dealers around me, Kioti is not a viable option for me. If they can't break out of being that tractor company who sells most of their tractors to first time tractor buyers and for homeowner use, they'll never get any of the big hitter dealers doing serious volume to take them on.

*edit*
Since it looks like I'm not going to be any help in proving Kioti tractors will hold up in industrial use and will more likely just get people upset, I think I'll drop out of this thread and not try to provide Kioti any unsolicited help. I think it looks like it would be in my best interest to just let it drop. Thanks to those who replied!