3-Point Hitch 3 point hitch won't go down

/ 3 point hitch won't go down #1  

contdevelop

Tractor
Kioti CK30HST
I have a Ck30 hydrostatic that i bought new last year. Yesterday, I was using the loader alot and i have a 5 foot tiller on the back now. When i got done with the tractor last night, i went to lower the three point hitch and it would not go down. This morning when I checked on it, the 3 point was still up. Usually when i leave an attachment up when I park the tractor the 3 point hitch will lower itself throughout the course of the night and then when i start it without moving the lever, the 3 point will go back up. However, this morning when i checked on it, the 3 point was still all the way up. Any ideas on what happened? I plan to call the local dealer this week since its still under warranty.
Thanks for the help

/ 3 point hitch won't go down #2  
Check and see if you inadvertently hit the 3PH speed control valve and spun it shut. I have done this on 2 different tractors it is usually a knob below the seat in front.

/ 3 point hitch won't go down #3  
Does your tractor have a 3 point speed control valve just below the seat that could have been closed? Look for a little valve just below your tractor seat and see if it is open.

OOPS I'm just to slow!

/ 3 point hitch won't go down #4  
Check and see if you inadvertently hit the 3PH speed control valve and spun it shut. I have done this on 2 different tractors it is usually a knob below the seat in front.

ditto, check it as it will get closed and the 3pt will not go down.

/ 3 point hitch won't go down #5  
As the others have said, probably that pesky "speed" control by the heel of your foot.
If you have rear remotes, I'd check to make sure the detent lever is in the neutral position. I can't recall for sure, but I believe the 3ph will still drop, even with the rear remotes engaged. I'd check anyway.
Anyway, sounds like a simple fix.

Tom

/ 3 point hitch won't go down #6  
Kioti did put that control knob in a strange place where your heel will hit it. If that's the problem, don't feel bad. It's happened to many of us.

/ 3 point hitch won't go down #7  
Kioti did put that control knob in a strange place where your heel will hit it. If that's the problem, don't feel bad. It's happened to many of us.

I'd say almost "all of us".:eek:

/ 3 point hitch won't go down
Disregard, I am an idiot, I knew about the knob, but since i set the knob a year ago when I bought the tractor, I have not messed with it. It turned out I must have hit the knob. When I woke up this morning the first thing i checked was the knob and it was all the way to the "turtle." Works fine as always!! However, I am bringing the tractor back to the dealer in the morning because I have had a small leak on the hydraulic hose that ties into the steering cylinder. It has leaked since i bought it new, but it has only been enough to keep it wet and not leak too much. I fugure I might as well have the dealer repair it while its under warranty. Thanks for the feedback though!!

/ 3 point hitch won't go down
I was afraid something serious broke inside the housing that was not letting the 3 point move. I am glad its nothing. Does anyone know how the 3 point lifts? On the bigger tractors they have hydraulic cylinders on the outside, but on the little one ck30 something is lifting the 3 point from inside the housing.

/ 3 point hitch won't go down #10  
when at the dealers ask to see the shop manual it has parts diagrams and some cutaways that should explain for you.