CK20 and quick attach FEL bucket

/ CK20 and quick attach FEL bucket #1  

EGo_SmAsH

Bronze Member
Tractor
JOHN DEERES
I see q/a kits available for ck25 and larger kiotis but nothing for the ck20. My dealer has some sort of kit available but it comes at a large cost. Just wondering if you other ck20 owners have found any other solutions before i sink a few hundred into his. thanks

/ CK20 and quick attach FEL bucket #2  
I got an adapter made by Horst Welding for my CK20. It is pretty pricy and way overbuilt for the CK20 but very effective.

Rick Wallace used to sell (? still does) a simple QA adapter for the CK20. That is what I would do if I were buying one today. ATI also sells an adapter but it is also pretty expensive though not as heavy as the Horst model.

You will need to decide what to do with your standard bucket too. It could be pretty easily modified by welding on a QA adapter plate which can be purchased for about $150 but the other possibility is just to keep the pin mount bucket and change it out. I found I could change my pin mount bucket with the QA adapter in about 10 minutes once I got used to it. Easily done if you get a couple of those tapered steel pins like steelworkers use to line up rivet holes in beams.

/ CK20 and quick attach FEL bucket
Thanks for the reply, I live about an hour or so from Horst welding so perhaps I'll call them, was yours a universal thing or is it specific for the ck20? I have no problem modifying my bucket to work with the q/a as I have a welder. The one my dealer has looks very much like the one seen here YouTube - Kioti gratte à neige 2 and is about $300 which i thought seemed steep because then I'd have to but an adapter plate for the bucket and another for the forks.....

I got an adapter made by Horst Welding for my CK20. It is pretty pricy and way overbuilt for the CK20 but very effective.

Rick Wallace used to sell (? still does) a simple QA adapter for the CK20. That is what I would do if I were buying one today. ATI also sells an adapter but it is also pretty expensive though not as heavy as the Horst model.

You will need to decide what to do with your standard bucket too. It could be pretty easily modified by welding on a QA adapter plate which can be purchased for about $150 but the other possibility is just to keep the pin mount bucket and change it out. I found I could change my pin mount bucket with the QA adapter in about 10 minutes once I got used to it. Easily done if you get a couple of those tapered steel pins like steelworkers use to line up rivet holes in beams.

/ CK20 and quick attach FEL bucket #4  
We also carry a QA adapters for the KL120/KL130 Loaders. We carry the Horst, but also carry a less expensive adapter that is lighter and better suited to the KL120 Loader.

Send us a PM for pricing if you are interested. We also have the adapter plates for the attachments.

/ CK20 and quick attach FEL bucket #5  
Whatever you do, don't take a lesson from the gentleman in the video you linked to. Watching him sick his toes under his snow pusher while it was barely hung onto the QA (before it was latched) by the top lip gave me the heebee-jeebies. :eek:

/ CK20 and quick attach FEL bucket #6  
Thanks for the reply, I live about an hour or so from Horst welding so perhaps I'll call them, was yours a universal thing or is it specific for the ck20? I have no problem modifying my bucket to work with the q/a as I have a welder. The one my dealer has looks very much like the one seen here YouTube - Kioti gratte à neige 2 and is about $300 which i thought seemed steep because then I'd have to but an adapter plate for the bucket and another for the forks.....

The Horst is very well made but I would not buy it again for a CK20. Overkill. I doubt you'll find anything for less than $300 and I would expect to pay a bit more than that for the Kioti specific adapters from either Rick or Michigan Iron.

If you really just want to go between grapple and standard bucket you could also just get a pin mount grapple. It really isn't that hard to switch out the pin mount implements, it just takes ten minutes longer than with the QA. If I were switching daily or more frequently I'd get the QA but I often go weeks without taking the grapple off so consider that option too.

/ CK20 and quick attach FEL bucket #7  
I have a QA for my FEL120 from Michigan Iron, it was around $300 delivered, (maybe less than that) and it works fine. No welding, no plates, very simple.
I dropped the bucket my toe just once BEFORE I bought the QA. That convinced me to get the QA.

/ CK20 and quick attach FEL bucket #8  
Also got mine from Michigan, bought complete bucket from them too with the qa plate on it. Works great!!!

/ CK20 and quick attach FEL bucket
Thanks for all of the responses guys, i never noticed but yeah that clip should be on some tractor safety video! eeek!! Anyways, i guess my next question is, are there any advantages to having the ss type with the required adapter plate compared to the type shown in that youtube video aside from a small amount of effort to align the bottom pins? To me it would seem cheaper and easier than welding plates to attachments. I don't mind throwing in a couple pins but I'm not overy interested in connecting manually with all 4 pins. Thanks!

Last edited:
   / CK20 and quick attach FEL bucket #10  
If you are cost conscious, like me, then the non plate type works just fine. All your attachments will work as is. If you get the skid steer plate mount type QA then every attachment has to have an adapter. With a little tractor like a 20, I feel the pin on QA as shown is adequate, with a bigger tractor I could see laying out a grand for the plate type QA. You do lose a little roll over angle on the FEL with the pin on QA. i.e. the bucket will not face straight down when up about six feet or so, only goes 45 deg at max lift.