Where can I put a Tool Box on a DK45SE HST with Cab

/ Where can I put a Tool Box on a DK45SE HST with Cab #1  

dourobob

Platinum Member
Tractor
Wheel Horse 522xi
I have been looking and looking for the right spot to locate a tool box on my new DK45 and would be really happy if someone can tell me how they solved this issue.

Most of the posts I have looked at are for machines without cabs.

The cab, while really appreciated these days of snow removal, seems to limit the options.

Right now I have a chain and a couple of wrenches on the floor but I hope I can do better.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Bob

/ Where can I put a Tool Box on a DK45SE HST with Cab #2  
My DK45Se HST came with a small toolbox on the left side under the cab. I didn't even know it was there for a week or two. :) It's not much, but that location would be good for a larger one.

/ Where can I put a Tool Box on a DK45SE HST with Cab #3  
That's one of my worst habits; throwing cruddy chains, tools, machete, all kind of junk, on the floor of the cab. What I do as a way to carry stuff like that on a temporary basis is to toss it in a plastic bucket. I hang the plastic bucket off the top link transport hook. There's not room enough in the cab for much of a tool box. The little box behind the seat is OK for lynch pins and stuff that's small.

/ Where can I put a Tool Box on a DK45SE HST with Cab
steve0413 - thanks - found it - just under the two week mark :) - think I might see if I can find one a bit bigger - perhaps one with a couple of slide-out drawers would make things easier to find

o2batsea - I agree, it is a bad habit. I like your idea of the bucket but haven't found the "little box behind the seat" - there is only a couple of inches between the seat and the cab glass.

Bob

/ Where can I put a Tool Box on a DK45SE HST with Cab #5  
I put mine on the fender. Old ammunition box. I also keep a couple of empty plastic jars(peanut butter) behind the seat with various wrenches, pins etc.

Huge challenge trying to find space for one or two...

Lloyd

Attachments

• IMG_0009.jpg
    IMG_0009.jpg
    720.2 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
   / Where can I put a Tool Box on a DK45SE HST with Cab #6  
You are not alone, the 20HST has same problem even without the cab. The Fuel tank is right behind the seat and there is no room between it and any of my rear attachments.
I was three months before I found that little (worthless) dude under the cab, so you are brighter or more curious than I.

I put mine on the fender. Old ammunition box. I also keep a couple of empty plastic jars(peanut butter) behind the seat with various wrenches, pins etc.
Huge challenge trying to find space for one or two...
Lloyd

Thanks Lloyd
Just curious - what is the dimension of the ammo box and how did you fasten it?

Wonder if something like this would work? 2 DRAWER TOOL CHEST Discount Shop
Bob

/ Where can I put a Tool Box on a DK45SE HST with Cab #8  
duorobob,

I will measure it later today but it is roughly 4"x6"x12". There was one hole on the fender. I drilled another so it wouldn't swivel. I also primed and painted where I drilled and sprayed a little under coating inside the fender.

Lloyd

/ Where can I put a Tool Box on a DK45SE HST with Cab #9  
duorobob,

I will measure it later today but it is roughly 6"x6"x12". There was one hole on the fender. I drilled another so it wouldn't swivel. I also primed and painted where I drilled and sprayed a little under coating inside the fender. I got it at Princess Auto for about 10 bucks and painted it.

ammo box | Hand Tools | Surplus | Princess Auto

Lloyd

duorobob,

I will measure it later today but it is roughly 6"x6"x12". There was one hole on the fender. I drilled another so it wouldn't swivel. I also primed and painted where I drilled and sprayed a little under coating inside the fender. I got it at Princess Auto for about 10 bucks and painted it.

ammo box | Hand Tools | Surplus | Princess Auto

Lloyd

Thanks Lloyd
Nice job and the price is right!!
Bob