Frustrated

/ Frustrated #1  

salaero

Tractor
DK 35 with Cab
Well have been having cold starting issue with my DK35. It is a 2002 or 2003 with about 875 hours on it. Just bought it 3 months ago.Have the starting down to a glow plug problem. Got it started last night and used it for about an hour (light duty). Noticed near the end the coolant light flickering (temp gauge is fine). So I shut it down ad check the coolant level and find it low. Top up the coolant and go to start it to look for leaks etc and click, click,click,click!!!! Would not start just clicks and won't turn over. All the lights and gauges are working fine. I go ahead and put the battery charger on over night and come out this morning to the same deal!!!!

I am really starting to feel I should have kept my 25 year old Green tractor as it never let me down like this! Hoping the dealer who sold it to me will step up and have a look at it.

Just needed to vent.....

/ Frustrated #2  
Check battery connections, better yet check all connections, sounds like a lose or corroded wire. For the money, an inline heater does wonders you can find them at most auto stores or TSC.

/ Frustrated #3  
Have you also checked oil levels. Try and give it a boost. Sometimes the old batteries don't have enough cranking amps left in them even when charged.:D

/ Frustrated #4  
I know how you feel ,but with the safety crap they put on tractors now this is what you end up with no mater what color it is .
First check your connections to battery and to ground on frame and + to starter next check to see if your PTO switch is in off position ,check clutch safety switch.

/ Frustrated #5  
Sound like the battery cables need to be cleaned. do forget to take the ground loose from the frame and clean that also.

/ Frustrated #6  
It may be your ignition switch. Mine will just make a clicking noise sometimes when I leave it out in the rain and forget to put the cover over the key hole. If you do a search on here you will find that some have sprayed i think brake cleaner in the key hole and that fixed it. Give it a try.

/ Frustrated
Well spoke to the dealer I bought it from and he is sending someone out tomorrow to have a look at it. I have to admit he has always been good with how he has treated me and stood behind his stuff. Hopefully we can get things sorted out tomorrow.....

/ Frustrated #8  
Yes, I'm thinking battery cables too. This behaviour sounds like my father's other orange tractor with similar mileage.

Good luck, I know it will work out for you.

Jon

/ Frustrated
Just frustrating as it is kept outsde and it is hard to work at night on it....also a bit chilly. I'm sure all will work out.

/ Frustrated #10  
If its kept outside then the keyed ignition is a likely item. I take mine out about once a year to pop it open and clean and lube it. I'm not sure why they are prone to this but they are. If they get left outside the ignition will cause problems eventually.

Dave