"Customer Use" fuse on CK27...Where the heck is it?

/ "Customer Use" fuse on CK27...Where the heck is it? #1  

miramadar

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti CK27
I've researched this issue for a while now on TBN, and I even went to my dealer, and no one seems to know where the "customer use" fuse terminates. I have a 2008 CK27 gear.

I want to add some work lights, 2 facing front, and 1 facing back. They're each 55 watt halogen lights. I've got the 2 front-facing lights hooked up to the pigtail (bullet connectors) at the back on the left beneath the little tool box. But I found that those wires are connected to a 7.5-amp fuse. Those lights draw a little over 9 amps. They work, but I'm sure I'll blow a fuse sooner or later. I'd like to connect all 3 lights (13.75 amps) to the 15-amp customer use fuse, if I could only find it.

Any help is appreciated...and pics would be awesome!!

/ "Customer Use" fuse on CK27...Where the heck is it? #2  
I have a CK30 gear (2006) and here is a quote from another thread, with the title "Workable Headlight" I don't know how to link you to it but you can find it quickly with a search. I got lots of help from many forum members:

The pigtail under the SMV sign, to the right:
1. off when switch is off
2. on when switch is on
3. off when the customer use fuse is removed

The male/female bullet connection under SMV sign, center:
1. off when switch is off
2. off when just switch is on
3. on when front headlights are on

I have hooked my lights (very similar to your model) to the wire to the right under the toolbox. I never could find an adapter to fit, so I just cut the connector off and replaced with bullet connections. This wire on my tractor comes from the Customer use fuse.

/ "Customer Use" fuse on CK27...Where the heck is it? #3  
The fuse panel is located to the left of your brake pedals under the dash you will see the bottom fuse is the customer use fuse it is a 15amp.

/ "Customer Use" fuse on CK27...Where the heck is it? #4  
This is the tie in location for three of my added lights on my 2008 CK35 HST, they are on the "customer use" 15 amp circuit. I have added two toggle switches behind the tool box as I only used them at night or when grading our road. The round rear facing light was put on by my dealer and is on a different circuit. I had also tried to add the two smaller fog lights to the dealer installed round light but it blew the fuse. This round light is on the bullet connection that you have already found, this conector is on the left side if looking forward.

Attachments

• 670DecemberPics 077.JPE
    670DecemberPics 077.JPE
    14.8 KB · Views: 640
  • 670DecemberPics 066.jpg
    670DecemberPics 066.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 903
  • 670DecemberPics 179.JPE
    670DecemberPics 179.JPE
    15 KB · Views: 735
  • 670DecemberPics 138.jpg
    670DecemberPics 138.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 550
  • 670DecemberPics 062.jpg
    670DecemberPics 062.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 406
  • 670DecemberPics 063.jpg
    670DecemberPics 063.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 361
   / "Customer Use" fuse on CK27...Where the heck is it?
This is the tie in location for three of my added lights on my 2008 CK35 HST, they are on the "customer use" 15 amp circuit.

Thanks Mousefield. What type of connector did you have to use? The black wire going to the rectangular recepticle in the first picture, is that the "hot" wire for your lights? Did you frame-ground the other wire?

/ "Customer Use" fuse on CK27...Where the heck is it? #6  
Yes, the rectangular "box" has two connections inside. I used a "spade" connector and just pushed it in solidly. It is in a weather protected area so should not get wet. I grounded the lights to the frame. I have used them a number of times now with no problems and they work well.

Attachments

• Sept1609 014.jpg
    Sept1609 014.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 195
  • Sept1609 015.jpg
    Sept1609 015.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 209
  • Sept1609 018.jpg
    Sept1609 018.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 218
   / "Customer Use" fuse on CK27...Where the heck is it?
I have hooked my lights (very similar to your model) to the wire to the right under the toolbox. I never could find an adapter to fit, so I just cut the connector off and replaced with bullet connections. This wire on my tractor comes from the Customer use fuse.

So, is the rectangular box that you've plugged your light in to, is that something that you wired up or was that box there from the factory?

/ "Customer Use" fuse on CK27...Where the heck is it? #8  
I want to add some work lights, 2 facing front, and 1 facing back.

I just finished my worklights on my CK30, and I did it similar to that.

Since I used 55W halogens, I installed relays for each one, with the control
coils powered thru the customer-use fuse. This way, the key has to be
ON for them to work. I also used dedicated dual 16 guage wires to each
light, which are fancy PIAA fog lights with the internal light blocker removed.
Furthermore, I wired the relays so that they use the turn signal switch. Now
a right turn lights the front light, and a left gives me the rear. No added
switches!

Attachments

• worklights_done_a.jpg
    worklights_done_a.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 330
   / "Customer Use" fuse on CK27...Where the heck is it? #9  
The rectangular box was already there from the factory. Make sure you are looking a little forward and a couple of inches down as it is hidden, took me a few minutes to find it. If I recall right there is another set of wires running in the same general area but a little higher (3-4 inches) and a few inches back. You want to find the run of wires a little closer to the seat area.

Attachments

• 670DecemberPics 077.JPE
    670DecemberPics 077.JPE
    14.8 KB · Views: 247
  • 670DecemberPics 131.jpg
    670DecemberPics 131.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 205
   / "Customer Use" fuse on CK27...Where the heck is it? #10  
The rectangular box was already there from the factory. Make sure you are looking a little forward and a couple of inches down as it is hidden, took me a few minutes to find it. If I recall right there is another set of wires running in the same general area but a little higher (3-4 inches) and a few inches back. You want to find the run of wires a little closer to the seat area.

That is the same wire that I hooked in to, sorry I do not have any pictures. But I cut off the black connector, put bullet connectors on each wire and used both wires, one as hot to switch, and the other as ground for switch and lights. I may light up like a shocked cat one of these days if I wired it incorrectly. I just felt like I could get a better ground coming on back to the wires coming from the customer use fuse