Kioti LK3054 $$$$

/ Kioti LK3054 $$$$ #1  

Joker

Hey, I posted this in the other brands forum and would like a response from the Kioti forum. I really appreciate all of your responses because I'm really torn. Thanks.

I would just like to say Hi. I have been lurking here on TBN for quite sometime and have really enjoyed all of the informative posts that I have read. I think I am getting closer to buying a tractor. I have a few questions.
1) 2810 Mahindra w/ FEL (Bush Hog brand), 5' Bush Hog rottary cutter & a 5' box blade for $15,500.00. Is this a fair deal?
2) LK3054 Kioti w/ FEL, 5' rottary cutter, and 5' box blade for $14,500. Is this a fair deal?
3) What is the best deal and what are the main differences?

Thanks in advance

/ Kioti LK3054 $$$$ #2  
Sorry Joker,
I just don't know enough about Mahindra to help you with a comparison.
But my Kioti is great !!!

/ Kioti LK3054 $$$$ #3  
Hey Joker -

Well, I can't say for sure if the deals you cite are the "best" around. I considered Mahindra and Kioti before I finally went with Mahindra (4110). (considered the DK40) There were some things I liked better on the Kioti and some things I liked better on the Mahindra (including the price) that swayed me to go with it. I can honestly say though, I feel I could have been happy with a Kioti as well.

Since you are comparing "package" deals, I'm not sure if both contained identical brands/models of attachments, which could affect the "goodness" of the deal. The 2 big differences I can think of are that (a) the Mahindra will have 12 fwd/rev gears compared to the Kioti's 8 and (b) the LK3054 is due to be discontinued this fall/winter and be replaced by a new model, the DK30 (the 3504 was replaced by the DK35 a while back).

To do a true "apples to apples" comparison on the pricing, you can give these folks a call - <A target="_blank" HREF=http://topflightequipment.com/>Top Flight Equipment</A>. They sell both Kioti and Mahindra and honestly don't seem to care which you're interested in (they didn't press me either way when I purchased from them). They were also the best price I could find, so I suspect that they will give you a good idea what a "good deal" is. Other than the 2 items I cited, they may be more helpful in describing the differences. Hope this helps!

/ Kioti LK3054 $$$$ #4  
Ranchan has good advice. Unless you know what the package items are you can't compare verywell. What's the price of just the tractors? Both tractors have Daedong engines and drive trains so the other differences are other than the gearing is cosmetic.

/ Kioti LK3054 $$$$
I just got a e-mail back from Kioti and thought that I would pass the info on to you: Thank you for your interest in Kioti Tractors. Our new CK Series will begin with the 20 HP. The CK Series will consist of Hydrostatic Transmission
option, flat decks, and mid-mount PTO's. The 20 HP is currently in the final stages of development. The 20 HP will be in the United States by
October for display in our Corporate sponsored shows and our dealer sponsored shows. Please visit our web site for upcoming show dates.They
should be ready for retail in early 2003. The 25 and 30 HP tractors should come shortly thereafter.
I hope you can wait.....

Thanks,
Jeanette Ingram, Kioti Tractor

/ Kioti LK3054 $$$$ #6  
Yea - those Kioti folks are good about answering their e-mail!

Looks like their answer has changed a little since I contacted them. They had originally said that they would be available in October (Kioti USA) or "Early 2003" (Kioti in Korea) and the hydros were still called DK. Oh well - that the way things usually go during product development....

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=kioti&Number=142395&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=>Kioti Gets HST</A>

/ Kioti LK3054 $$$$ #7  
This is why alot of companies are so hush-hush to the public. This is also why you get alot of different answers, as far as upcoming products are concerned. Dealers have big mouths. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif
BTI

/ Kioti LK3054 $$$$ #8  
I just bought a Kioti LK 3054 Saturday,with canopy, rhino FEL,5' rotory cutter, rotory tiller, back box blade, post hole auger for 15k. It should be delivered this afternoon, or tomorrow morning. I can't wait. Bought it from Little Tractor and Equipment, "littletractor.com" He delivers nationwide.

rfawkes

/ Kioti LK3054 $$$$ #9  
joker i have the lk 3054 with fel, 6ft back blade, turf tires that are filled and paid 13500, pd no taxes because it is for our horse farm. i love the tractor, all that we expected and more.

/ Kioti LK3054 $$$$ #10  
rfawkes,
Good luck with the new machine !!
What size and type property do you plan to use it ?