My shiny new DK35SE HST

/ My shiny new DK35SE HST #1  

Starks

Tractor
Kioti DK35SE HST
Whelp, she was delivered yesterday as planned, along with a hat, t-shirt, and license plate sign! Was so giddy to head up to the new property I forgot my camera so just took a couple pics with the phone. I'll get some better pics of her in action soon. Very impressed with this machine....the fit and finish, welds, ergonomics, HST action....everything about it is top notch.

dk1x.jpg

dk2e.jpg

/ My shiny new DK35SE HST #2  
Hooaah! Nice!
Welcome to the pack!

/ My shiny new DK35SE HST #3  
Nice !!
Congratulations on a fine looking machine.

/ My shiny new DK35SE HST #4  
Congrats and Welcome to the Pack!

The machine looks great, that brush guard looks pretty rugged too!

/ My shiny new DK35SE HST #5  
A fine piece of machinery, I'm jealous that you have a backhoe and I don't.:)
That is rugged looking country, any grouse in those mountains?

/ My shiny new DK35SE HST #6  
Very nice. On new land with trees and stumps the backhoe is going to be helpful. Now you need a grapple. There are bunches of posts concerning grapples. Several produced here in NC, so you might save some shipping.:D I ended up with Markham product out of Denton NC. There are 3 or 4 other vendors in that area too.
I am surprised not to see snow on the ground there in Ashville. We go and plan on land south of Roanoke Va. and the ground is covered. Enjoy the new tool and becareful.

/ My shiny new DK35SE HST
Thanks guys.

A fine piece of machinery, I'm jealous that you have a backhoe and I don't.:)
That is rugged looking country, any grouse in those mountains?

Grouse, bobcats, coyotes, bear, rattlesnakes....

Now you need a grapple. There are bunches of posts concerning grapples. Several produced here in NC, so you might save some shipping.:D I ended up with Markham product out of Denton NC. There are 3 or 4 other vendors in that area too.

Yep, definitely need a grapple.....been doing some research already!

/ My shiny new DK35SE HST #8  
Ain't it great! I know how you feel. My KD40 was delivered 2 weeks ago. I still can't take my eyes of it, much-less keep my rump off the seat. Can't hardly tell the difference in them from the pic. Kinda wish I had gone ahead with the backhoe. Didn't even price it. If you don't mind, maybe you could give me an idea of what I could expect to pay for one.

Enjoy!!!

/ My shiny new DK35SE HST #9  
I can tell you what I paid for mine this past May- about $7K
Price on a KB-2485. My dealer set me up with a rear remote kit that makes the hoe run faster by returning the hydraulic fluid return line directly into the return line instead of going through the resevoir- at least that is what I remember of how it works- there is a 'new kit' to accomplish this feat. It digs like a wild hog!
Your dealer can probably better explain the advantages of the kit and how it works- no doubt.

All DK series hoe owners should also note that when a hoe is detached from the hydraulics one MUST make sure the lever that engages the rear remotes stays in the neutral position- or else pump damage can/will occur!

Starks,

Sorry to cut into your thread-
(Check out some of my threads about things to avoid when using your loader and backhoe). You, of course may have more seat time behind you than I have so some of my issues may not apply to you, but worth checking out in any case, IMHO.

Nice looking machine/landscape- enjoy it....
What type of tires on the front? Are your rears loaded?

/ My shiny new DK35SE HST #10  
The cost of it is about what I suspected. I'm going to wait and see if I have a good reason for it before I jump out on that, like some jobs that would help pay for it.

Yeah, my dealer did warn me about the rear hydraulics lever.