ck 30 cranks, won't start

/ ck 30 cranks, won't start #1  

jss

Tractor
ck30
Drove my 80 hr CK30 into field. Shut down engine for 10 min. Then tried to restart. Engine cranks, preheat light cycles, checked fuses, fuel, throttle cable and still will not fire. Any ideas on what to check next?:(

/ ck 30 cranks, won't start
Filter is clean, no water, fuel clear. From reading other posts,it may be a solenoid problem.

Thanks

/ ck 30 cranks, won't start #5  
Filter is clean, no water, fuel clear. From reading other posts,it may be a solenoid problem.

Thanks

That is where I would look if the solenoid is stuck it will not run.

/ ck 30 cranks, won't start #6  
On the right side under the key, does yours have a red fuel shut off knob? Some do and some don't. It should be pushed in to run. The fuel shut off solenoid, about 1.5" round, 3" long, silvery color with a black rubber cap on the rear with a shaft exiting the cap, is on the right side of the engine toward the front near the throttle cable and you should hear it click when you turn on the key or open the hood and you'll see the shaft move when you work the key. You can move it by hand to get it running and back home if that's the culprit but you'll have to move it the opposite way to turn the engine off.

Last edited:
   / ck 30 cranks, won't start #7  
If the engine is turning over an not cranking, and you checked all the filters then it could be your switch. Pop the hood and look where the injection pump is and you will find a solenoid that controls the fuel shut off. Watch when you turn the switch and see if it activates. If it does then most likely you have a bad ignition switch. On my CK 20 that is exactly what happened. Now on mine i had the manual shut off as well. Some of the newer tractors in the CK series does not have this. If it does then you can unplug the soleniod and use the manual shut off to cut the tractor of untill you can replace the switch. For some reason when the switch went bad on mine when you turned to to start it activated the soleniod then once you stoped hitting the starter the solenoid would return to where it should but that would not let you start it. Hope this helps

/ ck 30 cranks, won't start #8  
If it is an newer tractor, 2008 and after, the tractor has a "power on" fuel system. It is easy to check the fuel systems on these tractors. When you turn the key to "on", you will hear a pretty loud clap from the solenoid on the injector pump. You can hear it from the seat. If you don't hear the clap, you have a power problem in the tractor and it definitely won't start. The fuel rack is still closed.

If it is a tractor from before 2008, it has a "power off" fuel system with the kill knob below the ignition switch. We have a seen a few tractors where the shut-off solenoid sticks after shut-off holding the rack closed.

In either case, it is a pretty easy fix. First determine what type of shut-off system you have. Trouble shoot from there.

Let us know if we can help.

/ ck 30 cranks, won't start #9  
I can tell you right now that not all pre 2008 CK30s have a stop knob. Mine doesn't.

/ ck 30 cranks, won't start #10