Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    ck30

Default ck 30 cranks, won't start

Drove my 80 hr CK30 into field. Shut down engine for 10 min. Then tried to restart. Engine cranks, preheat light cycles, checked fuses, fuel, throttle cable and still will not fire. Any ideas on what to check next?

Veteran Member
    In the palm of Michigan's Lower Peninsula
    Tractor
    Kioti CK30HST, KL130 FEL, turf tires

Default Re: ck 30 cranks, won't start

How's the fuel filter? They can get plugged with wax, black slime(algae). Are you in a cold climate? Water in the fuel?

Don

Tractor
    ck30

Filter is clean, no water, fuel clear. From reading other posts,it may be a solenoid problem.

Thanks

Qualicum Beach on Vancouver Island, BC. Canada
    Tractor
    2008 CK35 HST

You are smart, reading past posts to find similar problems. Hopefully it turns out it was something easy to fix.

Tractor
    Kubota L4400-1 HST,FEL, 3x3 remotes, TNT. BX1500 54 mmm

Quote Originally Posted by jss View Post
    Filter is clean, no water, fuel clear. From reading other posts,it may be a solenoid problem.

Thanks
    That is where I would look if the solenoid is stuck it will not run.
    Randall

1Timothy Chapter 2:
    3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
    4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
    5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK30HST

On the right side under the key, does yours have a red fuel shut off knob? Some do and some don't. It should be pushed in to run. The fuel shut off solenoid, about 1.5" round, 3" long, silvery color with a black rubber cap on the rear with a shaft exiting the cap, is on the right side of the engine toward the front near the throttle cable and you should hear it click when you turn on the key or open the hood and you'll see the shaft move when you work the key. You can move it by hand to get it running and back home if that's the culprit but you'll have to move it the opposite way to turn the engine off.
    Last edited by VictorW; 03-05-2010 at 12:45 AM. Reason: add. info

Silver Member

If the engine is turning over an not cranking, and you checked all the filters then it could be your switch. Pop the hood and look where the injection pump is and you will find a solenoid that controls the fuel shut off. Watch when you turn the switch and see if it activates. If it does then most likely you have a bad ignition switch. On my CK 20 that is exactly what happened. Now on mine i had the manual shut off as well. Some of the newer tractors in the CK series does not have this. If it does then you can unplug the soleniod and use the manual shut off to cut the tractor of untill you can replace the switch. For some reason when the switch went bad on mine when you turned to to start it activated the soleniod then once you stoped hitting the starter the solenoid would return to where it should but that would not let you start it. Hope this helps

Silver Member
    Advertiser
    Tractor
    Full line of KIOTI Tractors, BEFCO and Worksaver Implements

If it is an newer tractor, 2008 and after, the tractor has a "power on" fuel system. It is easy to check the fuel systems on these tractors. When you turn the key to "on", you will hear a pretty loud clap from the solenoid on the injector pump. You can hear it from the seat. If you don't hear the clap, you have a power problem in the tractor and it definitely won't start. The fuel rack is still closed.

If it is a tractor from before 2008, it has a "power off" fuel system with the kill knob below the ignition switch. We have a seen a few tractors where the shut-off solenoid sticks after shut-off holding the rack closed.

In either case, it is a pretty easy fix. First determine what type of shut-off system you have. Trouble shoot from there.

Let us know if we can help.
    Michigan Iron and Equipment, LLC
    www.michironandequip.com

Tractor
    Kioti CK30HST

I can tell you right now that not all pre 2008 CK30s have a stop knob. Mine doesn't.
    Kioti CK30HST, FEL w/toothbar, 60" RC, 60" BB, PJ 10k trailer. Weekend warrior hauling 50 miles each way.

Tractor
    Kioti CK25 Shuttle Shift, loaded tires, JD X739

Quote Originally Posted by Highbeam View Post
    I can tell you right now that not all pre 2008 CK30s have a stop knob. Mine doesn't.
    Mine doesn't either. Wish it did.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast