Help, I am about to by a Kubota!

/ Help, I am about to by a Kubota! #1  

Anonymous Poster

I have been looking seriously into buying a B2910 Kubota for my 15 Acres of property I just built a house on. About 7 acres are wooded and the rest is grass/brush. All of it is hilly, with very few areas of open flat ground. Some of the hills are quite steep. I am going to be mowing several acres of uneven ground, and I know I want a FEL and a mower. I also have about an .8 mile of gravel driveway to maintain and clear of snow in the winter. Add to these tasks a lot of general landscaping and some large gardens. Lots of seat time!

The b2910 'bota looks like a good fit for my needs, but then a friend showed me the DK35 (on the web). Wow! This looks like a lot of tractor for the money. I also have a dealer of Kioti's about 3 miles from my new house.

So what do you see as the pros/cons to these 2 tractors? Am I comparing apples to oranges here?

/ Help, I am about to by a Kubota! #2  
It all comes down to do you want to buy a tractor or do you want to buy a name.

Eugene

/ Help, I am about to by a Kubota! #3  
Your spelling is almost correct say"bye" to the Kubota and "buy"the Kioti,unless you're so financially secure that $5,000 means nothing to you........my 2cents,Mike

/ Help, I am about to by a Kubota! #4  
Hoosier,

I don't own either one of the tractors you mention. In fact, I'm looking too. But I have driven both of them. (You can find my post about driving the DK35 in this forum)

Obviously every manufacturer can have an occassional lemon. But after having driven the DK35 this past weekend, if I had to chose between that and the Kubota, I'd be getting the Kioti. It not only had a smoother transmission and extra features that the Kubota I drove didn't have, but I think it rode better also. And like Mike said - $5,000.00 buys a number of attachments!

Have you talked with the Kioti dealer? Do you feel good about him and the way he's handling you? To me, that's one of the most important factors in deciding on which tractor to buy. Like I said in my "Driving" post, if I had to decide today, I'd go with Kioti just on the basis of the way dealer treated me.

Good luck on your decision. No matter what you decide, once you/ve made the decision, you'll be a happy man! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ Help, I am about to by a Kubota!
I haven't met the Kioti dealer yet but I plan on visting them tomorrow. If they treat me like they did Golfgar4, I see a Dk35 in my future. Still, I would love to hear everyone's opinons and the reasons behind them.

/ Help, I am about to by a Kubota! #6  
<font color=blue>I would love to hear everyone's opinons</font color=blue>

Well opinions are like, well you know, everybody has one. If you read the 129 threads and the 1075 post in this forum you will see just how boring it is here. We (Kioti owners) have bragged on them until we are blue in the face. Not much else. They aren't breaking. A little fluid leak here and there. Mostly on the fel., blown fuse, tach quit working, light burned out, ect ect. Timex sindrome I think. The dealer network is much better than it used to be also.
Talk to your dealer, drive a few of his tractors and see for yourself. Chances are, you will really like the Kioti, If the dealer suits you, well, I think that I would save the $$$$$ and go with the Kioti. MHO..... 175hr on my 3054 and no probs.

/ Help, I am about to by a Kubota! #7  
Hoosier
I’m a 2910 owner. I find it a great tractor to use. But if I was looking for a new tractor again I would ask the different dealers for a demo on your property.
I just purchased a <font color=green>JD</font color=green> front mount mower. I started out looking for a used front mount mower. With 2 different dealers in the area I had the different available mowers at my home for the weekend. After trying out a <font color=orange>Kubota</font color=orange>, <font color=green>JD</font color=green>, Bobcat, and Grass Hopper at my home on my land. The decision was easy to make. The <font color=green>JD</font color=green> did the job much better than the other 3. I now have a new <font color=green>JD</font color=green> mower in my barn. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

<font color=blue>Am I comparing apples to oranges here?</font color=blue>

The DK35 and 2910 tractors are not in the same category as comparable tractors. Get them together at the same place and see which one will do the chores you have to be done around the property.

/ Help, I am about to by a Kubota! #8  
I am extremely happy with my Kioti DK45. Have not owned a Kubota, but would have if I decided to go with HST. Steep ground: The DK45 is a very stable tractor. My MF dealer that I have dealt with for years (MF135 and MF253) brought a MF 1260 out and left it for a couple of weeks for me to try. It felt very light and I was not confortable with it at all. I've been told that the Kubota's (I was looking at the L3710) handle about the same. The Kioti is a heavier built tractor than it's competition. Ted

/ Help, I am about to by a Kubota! #9  
It took me a long time to pick out a new tractor, and at first I was sure that I was going to go with a Kubota or NH. I had tried an "off-brand" tractor once (a Belarus), and didn't have a great feeling about them. However, I took a look at the Kioti (primarily because of price) and became very enchanted. I took home a DK45 and have been thrilled with it after 35 hours of operation. I have no complaints at all. Again, several folks get hung up on the "No Hydro" problem, but personally have no problem, nor does my wife, with the slick shuttle transmission. I compared the DK45 to a Kubota L4300DT (I think that's what it was) and a Kubota M4900 (again, I'm typing this without my notes in front of me, so I could be in error) and the savings was about $4,000 to $5,000 for fairly comparable equipment. At the time, I could have gotten a 2wd M4900 for about $400-800 more than the Kioti, but that was with Kubota's rebate and 2wd (and at least the Belarus had 4wd and that spoiled me). I do not regret my Kioti decision one bit and would recommend them to anyone (except an enemy - I would recommend a Belarus - ha-ha). But by all means, drive all kinds of tractors - JD, NH, Kubota, Kioti, Jinma, Yanmar - that you can before you purchase. The hunt is often more fun than the catch. Good luck and let us know what you decide.

Take it easy

Tim Gray

/ Help, I am about to by a Kubota!
Thanks for the help. I have been researching all the different tractors and brands on the Internet for weeks now, and I keep coming back to Kioti. Because of all the "new house" stuff this weekend, I couldn't make it to my local dealer. I am looking forward to getting my first real look at the DK series and I hope to demo one soon. I'll keep you posted.

The advice on TBN has been awsome, by the way. I fell much better about making my decision after joining this group. Thanks!