PTO problem??

/ PTO problem?? #1  

drjay9051

Gold Member
Morriston, Fl. 40 miles west of Ocala. More cows
Tractor
Kioti DK 40 HST
I have a CK25 with about 300 hours on it. Recently developed it's first problem: The PTO shaft is always rotating. I have tried to take it out of gear but the lever does not seem to do any thing. I do see movement of the linkage going to the PTO but it remains engaged. Any thoughts?

Second new problem: difficult to get into low gear. It will shift to low but on occasion will slip out of low. Any help is appreciated

/ PTO problem?? #2  
Is your tractor a HST? I have a CK30HST and sometimes have a problem shifting ranges. Applying both the brake and clutch at the same time seems to help. If its still "stuck", I'll hit the floor pedal (forward or reverse) and that also helps. I've had mine slip out of range a couple of times. I chaulked that up to operator error. Not sure about about the PTO issue.
Kevin

/ PTO problem?? #3  
I to have had the same issue, if one inches forward or back, and use Clutch and brake she works, have not had it jump out of gear. I think it may just be a breaking in thing both me and tractor and I only have 20 hours on her, but have removed over 1/2 dozen stumps, rock maple in very rocky soil, and some pretty big stones, all I have ben able to move out of the way by rolling them either with backhoe or FEL:), or draging with a chain.

/ PTO problem?? #4  
Finding that true neutral position for the PTO lever is tricky. I suppose you could adjust the linkage such that it is true neutral. But, what I did, since I don't have a mid PTO, is to set the stop nut where the PTO was in neutral. It still wants to spin a tiny bit when not loaded. But, simply grabbing it with your bare hand (only while idle) and it stops with no resistance to your hand's friction. For me that has been good enough, as any implement will provide enough resistance such that it's effectively in neutral when you put it there. But, yeah, under no load, I still get some spin of the bare shaft.

/ PTO problem?? #5  
As Gittyup said, my PTO always does a slow rotation when not engaged. I has no power and you can stop it with your hand (I would suggest using a piece of wood to prove it, just in case you have something different going on). I suspect that there is some moving oil providing a little torque to the rear, but It's not a problem so I haven't looked into it.