Ignition switch problem

/ Ignition switch problem #1  

Dean Walker

Tractor
2006 Kioti DK455
I have replaced the key ignitiion switch mechanism twice during the last two years, and I am being told to replace it again to resolve the same problem as before:
The problem: Recently, after not using my 2006 Kioti DK455 tractor since last February, without any starting problems, my turning the ignition key to the start position caused no reaction, no dashboard lights lit, no engine turn over, nothing; so then I tried wiggling the key as I turned the key to the start position which then resulted in a clicking sound; I then repeatedly continued to wiggle the key as I rotated it to the start position and sometimes would result in the engine starting and continue to run, but as I released the key the engine immediately stops. This problem has occurred approximately one year apart, in Jan of 2008, March of 2009, and now.
Anyone have an alternative idea besides replacing the switch?

/ Ignition switch problem #2  
Would be nice if they came up with a better switch, just replaced mine for the second time yesterday on my CK20 with less than 200 hours.

/ Ignition switch problem #3  
If this is same switch as CK30, do a search for the earlier threads. Should find instructions on cleaning it. I've had the same problem on and off last 4 years, can't predict when it might malfunction or for how long. I'm still on the factory switch. It was problematic twice this Tuesday but fine since, tomorrow? who knows.

David

/ Ignition switch problem #4  
Yeah, sure is aggrevating. I find that if I use my tractor regularly, it's not a problem. But, if I don't then it starts acting up. I'm still on the original switch. I just keep spraying silicone lub in it. I wonder if it can be disassembed and coated with dielectric grease and if that would really help? Might try when in it finally gives out completely. They really do need to improve on that part.

/ Ignition switch problem #5  
Did you check your ground-to-frame and battery connections? I had a no start issue with my CK30 and thought it was a bad relay. Turns out it was a bad connection. Do you use your machine for snow removal? I do and found out that snow (water) can be a gremlin at times. Just a thought.
Kevin