Sims Cab--CK 20

/ Sims Cab--CK 20 #1  

CBB

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 5320N Vineyard, 1981 Deere 910, 1980 Kubota B22, 1983 Ford 1710
I would like to recommend you NOT purchase a Sim Cab at Cabdepot.com.

I have this cab on my 2006 CK20 and have found the quality to be poor and the customer service from Sims Cab to be even poorer.

I used the tractor to mow on our hill and the first couple of months the cab was rocking back and forth when I hit bumps while mowing going up or down hills. The windshield would bounce against the steering wheel and sometimes my knuckles. I tightened the unit as far as it would got but it did not help.
I talked with Chuck, an engineer at Sims in Canada and he said he was aware of the problem and that they were building some brackets to fix the problem and would get back to me. I waited and then wrote and Chuck changed his tune and said, "I was using the unit in a way it was not designed for" and then he stopped communicating with me and the company stopped responding to messages, snail mail or letters. I suppose that was because I wanted the cab replaced because of the stress cracks in the metal from the rocking. I am a farmer and don't see how mowing up and down hills is using the unit in a way not compatable with the design.

By the way, in the summer the heater although off, super heats the cab. The heater should have had a shut off installed outside the cab for summer use.

The orange top that matched the Kioti orange on the CK20 has faded, whereas the tractor has not so they no longer match.

The door does not latch properly.

The velcro glue has worn out and no longer sticks properly.

I STRONGLY recommend you buy a Kioti that offers a factory cab. The Sims Cab is junk and will not hold up and problems will be ignored by the company from Canada.

/ Sims Cab--CK 20 #3  
Since Sims claims its being used in an application in which it wasn't designed for........... did they give a disclaimer before you purchased that stated the cab shouldn't be used to mow? Or, perhaps it shouldn't be used on hills? For what cabs cost........ I wouldn't expect it to be hitting my knuckles either. :(

/ Sims Cab--CK 20 #4  
Maybe it shouldn't be used on a tractor.:laughing:

/ Sims Cab--CK 20 #5  
Maybe the sim's product is only stationary tractors:laughing:

/ Sims Cab--CK 20 #7  
think they would hold up as a chicken coop? how big are they:laughing::)

There's an idea!! Farm Show had a guy who used an old tractor cab ( don't know brand) for a dog house with windows. :)