Ck-20 brush cutting

/ Ck-20 brush cutting #1  

tmccarty81

Hello, Going to be buying a ck20 man trans tractor this week. I need a brush cutter. The dealer will be selling me a kioti brand 48" brush cutter. Anyone have and thoughts on this, I need to do some heavy cutting may hit stuff up to 3 inches. Tho mostly everything will be under 2 inches. I understand that its not going to do the job as fast as a larger tractor but money is tight now adays. Other choice of course could be buying an aftermarket cutter.
Thanks

/ Ck-20 brush cutting #2  
Welcome to TBN. :)

You may want to crawl/chew slowly over 3" stuff if concern cut 3" first,also exta shear pins/bolts.

/ Ck-20 brush cutting
Thanks, It is supposed to be a slip clutch. Now its not like I have a lot of 3" stuff to go over but some may get hit. I dont mind getting the chain saw out and grabbing the heavy stuff then mowing over the rest.

/ Ck-20 brush cutting #4  
I have a WOODS 42" brush bull and it works great behind my Mahindra 2516. I could stand to go to a 5' model. I'm thinking the 42" would be a good match with your tractor or the 48".

/ Ck-20 brush cutting #5  
Not a good idea,about an inch dia is about as much as you want to do,and that might be more than you want.Don;t forget about stubs sticking up as well,they can puncture your tire.

/ Ck-20 brush cutting #6  
Kioti use to sell and may still sell First Choice implements under the Kioti name. They were considered pretty good but I think you will find that they are rated as light duty mowers for brush up to 1 1/2 inches. Even with a heavier duty mower you are pushing it with a 20 hp tractor. Do your investment a favor and spend a few hours with a chainsaw before you attack 3" stuff. That is pushing the limits of heavy mowers on big tractors.

MarkV

/ Ck-20 brush cutting
Thanks for the input,i dont mind using the chain saw. But after I clear the areas I want to be able to maintain it once I'm done clearing. As far as stumps how tough are the r4 tires? Also with this brush cutter is this as good or better then a DR push mower.

/ Ck-20 brush cutting #8  
You will have no problems cutting after you take out the largest stuff with a saw. I have had a DR in the past I would say your mower will be better.

MarkV

/ Ck-20 brush cutting #9  
I think you will find the R4's are the best tire for the job as they have a good sidewall rating. Take some before and after pics. I just got done doing what you are planning and I'll try to snap off some pics of my backyard after a little work ;)

/ Ck-20 brush cutting #10  
do yourself a favor, buy a good powersaw for the 2 to 3 inch stuff, the excersise will do you good plus it will make your cutter last longer