Oil & Fuel crank crank crank.......no fire!

/ crank crank crank.......no fire! #1  

tradz5

Tractor
Kioti CK30H
tractor wont start........ 2005 ck30 hydrostat....... cranks and cranks doesn't fire.... fuel from tank to pump good flow.....pump to filter (when cranking) seems to pulsate but not very hard........filter to injector pump decent flow (gravity) injector pump out to injectors NOTHING..... How hard is the pump suppose to pump out of the fuel pump? Ran fine when I shut it off then the next day it wouldn't start.. Is there any online place out there I can get parts for my tractor? Through reading past threads it sounds like the fuel solenoid but I need alittle direction on the location of the solenoid. Is there anything else I should be looking for? There is no manual shut off under the ignition switch. I'm new to this discussion board but it looks like we will get to the bottom of this. Thank you in advance for all your help.

/ crank crank crank.......no fire! #2  
You say there is fuel flow to the injection pump.

Have you tried bleeding the injector pump while cranking over the engine?:confused:

If no flow then start going back thru the fuel supply to where you get fuel.:D

/ crank crank crank.......no fire!
Used the "Air" bleed switch at the filter...nothing. cracked open line at every point in the fuel system. Get fuel going into the banjo fitting on top of the injector pump. Crack the injector (steel) lines coming out of the pump going to the injectors and I get nothing even when cranking. Last point of noticeable fuel is at the banjo fitting going into the pump.

/ crank crank crank.......no fire! #4  
I know this sounds too easy....but see if PTO is engaged. I did the same thing one day. After hours of trouble shooting, I looked down and saw that my son had turned the PTO ON while playing on the tractor.

/ crank crank crank.......no fire! #5  
tractor wont start........ 2005 ck30 hydrostat....... cranks and cranks doesn't fire.... fuel from tank to pump good flow.....pump to filter (when cranking) seems to pulsate but not very hard........filter to injector pump decent flow (gravity) injector pump out to injectors NOTHING..... How hard is the pump suppose to pump out of the fuel pump? Ran fine when I shut it off then the next day it wouldn't start.. Is there any online place out there I can get parts for my tractor? Through reading past threads it sounds like the fuel solenoid but I need alittle direction on the location of the solenoid. Is there anything else I should be looking for? There is no manual shut off under the ignition switch. I'm new to this discussion board but it looks like we will get to the bottom of this. Thank you in advance for all your help.

Sounds like your injector pump has failed.

/ crank crank crank.......no fire! #6  
It would seem you have located a point of interest. Is the injection pump turning over?:D

/ crank crank crank.......no fire! #7  
I tend to agree with Jebb in theory. Most tractors have a solenoid that shuts off fuel internally to the injector pump if something like the seat safety switch is disconnected or malfunctioning. Sometimes you can set the parking brake and that function will be bypassed. On my tractor (a New Holland) that's the way it works. If I have the PTO engaged or the transmission out of neutral, the engine will not turn over, but if the seat switch is a problem, the engine turns over, but the fuel solenoid will not energize to allow the injector pump to operate properly.

Wallace, do you know if the CK30 has a fuel cutoff solenoid, or is it a mechanical lever that is not interlocked?

I ran out to the tractor after reading your post... Oh I wish it was the PTO but no it wasn't. Thanks. Thats why I'm here to find out if theres something easy I'm missing. I sure hope its not an injector pump.

/ crank crank crank.......no fire! #9  
The 2005 version of the CK30 had a "Power-Off" shut-off solenoid with a mechanical pull knob overide. The solenoid would shut the injector rack for 5-7 seconds when the ket switch was turned off, then allow th rack to open back up for the next start. The mechanical pull knob could be used if you lost electrical power in the tractor to shut off the fuel.

The newer tractors have a Power-On solenoid sytem. You need power to open the rack to start the tractor. No need for a mechanical override.

The shut-off solenoid in the older style system is mounted on the side of the governor case just under the injector pump. We have seen a few of this style solenoid stick in the closed position, keepeing the rack from opening. Locate the Shut-down solenoid and make sure it allows the fule rack to open. With no power, it should return to the open position.

Hope this helps.

When I turn the key to the "on" position I can hear the the fuel solenoid CLICK on. So I think the solenoid is working but maybe theres something stuck in there. I tried to take it off but can't seem to see how. The solenoid is the 3/8" dia. x 2" long thing on the front of the injector by the fan....right? Theres a bolt right next to it, I took the bolt out (very long about 3") but it did nothing to the solenoid. The solenoid housing seems to sping around but I can't remove it. I also put my finger on the relay on the firewall to see if I could feel that engaging when I turned the key on and I can feel it click on when I turn the key.......