My new DK 40-First impressions

/ My new DK 40-First impressions #1  

Anonymous Poster

They delivered my DK 40 Saturday morning, and I've spent all weekend getting her dirty. My first impressions are very positive. The engine starts easliy and idles smoothly. The transmission shifts with little effort, and the shuttle-shift works like a dream. I put my Kitoti 65" tiller into the ground in a couple of places and it really churns it out. The only real work I have accomplished thus far is to drop the Howse box blade on the back and begin to grade my 1/8 mile gravel driveway. Very nice! I made about a half-dozen passes up and back and the road looks like new. I figured this was also a good way to break in the tractor without working it too hard.

I am most impressed with the adjustable lower link arms. They make it extremely easy to switch attachments without too much fuss.

Complaints? None yet, but I can be a picky SOB, so we will see what the next few weeks bring. I'll keep you posted. When I get a few more hours on her (I am only at 3.5 hours now), I will write up a review.

/ My new DK 40-First impressions
Hoosier, I'll be particularily interested in your review of the Howse box blade. I've just bought a LK4054 and it will be delivered next week. The dealer only sells Howse and as a package I got a field mower and the box blade. I was unfamilar with the brand so I asked the forum. Some of the comments were directing me to other brands,etc. but a Kioti dealer who signs himself "Mr. Kioti" was positive but said to keep the maintenance up, particularily with the field mower. It looks like you and me are partners so I'll watch the forum for your review. Good luck to you (and to me!)

/ My new DK 40-First impressions #3  
Brad,Congratulations on your new tractor.I'm a picky SOB too and so far my DK40 has thwarted all my attemps to pick....Mike(45 hrs.)

/ My new DK 40-First impressions
Bill,

The Howse box blade works great. I've taken the teeth off and on without any trouble, and it seems to be holding up well. Just keep in mind that I am a first time tractor owner/user so my frame of reference is a little limited. They just delivered my finish mower, and I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. I have put a couple of hours on my Howse Rotary cutter and it works great too. By the way, thanks for your service to our country. I don't think people tell our men/women of the armed forces that nearly often enough.

Mike,

I'm Brian BTW, not Brad /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif, but no offense taken.

I hope I have as good of luck with my DK 40 as you have had with yours!

Have a good one,

/ My new DK 40-First impressions #5  
The Howse line doesn't seem to have the best reputation, but I have a rotary cutter and it has served me very well I have hig more rocks and ground than I should have and have not had the first problem. Good luck with your equipment and congrats on the Kioti they are impressive looking tractors. Have fun/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif and be safe.

/ My new DK 40-First impressions #6  
Brian(aka Brad),Sorry about that, I'm tempted to give the Letterman response, "is it ok if I call you Kenny?".
Take care, Mike