Can't open the hood on CK35

/ Can't open the hood on CK35 #1  

LandGuy

Tractor
Kioti CK35 HST
I've tried and tried to open the hood on my spanking new CK35, but can't. You're supposed pull a little knob down and then pull up on the bonnet handle. I'm strong, but no give.

I've even tried knocking up on the handle with a rag-wrapped block of wood and a small hammer, but again no result. It's shut solid.

I called the dealer and he said he'll have someone stop by. But I sure feel dumb.

/ Can't open the hood on CK35 #2  
My CK30 hood won't open with just pulling the knob. I treat it as an old car hood and give the hood a light tap on the top front where it just starts to roll over. It takes pressure off the latch and it pops right up. Remember, a light tap. A hood denting tap is not needed. I hope this works.

/ Can't open the hood on CK35 #3  
Press down lightly with one hand on the hood, and pull the knob with the other. Works every time...almost.

/ Can't open the hood on CK35 #4  
what michigan said. A little down pressure on the hood while pulling reall makes a difference.

/ Can't open the hood on CK35
Hey guys, I got it open, with a lot of persistence and yes a little controlled force (no damage resulted). The latch mechanism was completely frozen; I lubed it all up and it works great now.

Yes, pushing down a little helps too (like the hood of an old Chevy).

Thanks for the helpful suggestions and great to meet you all!