Very hard to start

/ Very hard to start #11  
Probably a bad glow plug relay.....

BTI

/ Very hard to start #12  
Hey,
Even in the warmer weather a diesel likes to be preheated before you start it for the first time each day. Take a test light and check for power to the top of the glow plug. you have to be fast because the timer will turn it off in about 15 to 20 seconds. Just recycle the key and it will turn back on for a short period.
It sounds like a glow plug problem not an injector pump.
Dave G
KiotiDave

/ Very hard to start #13  
When you turn yr key on you should here a click of the glow plug relay and the light should stay on for about 15 secs or so, make sure the glow plug rail is clean and the glow plug nuts are tight. Make sure the power wire back by the firewall is tight. Like said by BTI said its prob the relay, unplug it and plug it back in and see if it starts better that way. If so just replace it....

/ Very hard to start
Tractor is going to the dealer as soon as I get my trailer back. (Loaded to a friend). 95 % sure its a fuel issue. GP relay is working. If it was GPs I would think that it would smoke something awful when it finally starts having all that fuel pumped into the cylinders and its not smoking at all. Changed fuel filter and pulled line off fuel pump coming from the tank, good fuel flow there. Haven't had a chance to take the line off coming out of the fuel pump going to the injectors. Its under warranty, I'll let the dealer sort it out. I'll post back what they found out when its fixed.

/ Very hard to start #15  
This doesn't sound like an injection pump issue. It sounds like a lack of heat....low power until the engine warms. Certainly not a sympton of an injector rack problem.

Put at volt meter on a glow plug. Should be able to read 9-11 volts during the glow cycle. If the glow system is functioning, even one bad glow plug can cause hard starting. You can be running on 2 cylinders until the 3rd reaches combustion temperature.

Good thing to have your dealer take a look at.

/ Very hard to start
Finally got tractor started today and up on the trailer. Its going to the dealer on Monday. It is having its first 50 hr. service and hopefully getting the starting issue fixed. It was 107 degrees F outside and it still took lots of cranking to get it to started. I finally got it started and it revved up and quit, did that several times before it stayed running. I'll keep you all posted on what the dealer finds.

/ Very hard to start #17  
47 hours in 2 years?
What do you do, use it as a show piece only?

I put my first 50 hours on in less than 3 months, 107 hours on in 5 months

/ Very hard to start
LilRanch, I am an aircraft mechanic. I only have 5 acres, I mow with a ZTR now, its faster then the Kioti so the only time it gets used is to work the garden, grade the drive, or do ground work. Its my Toy:D

/ Very hard to start
I got a call from the dealer today. The hard start problem was a sticking fuel rack in the injection pump. They are going to replace the pump under warranty.

Last edited:
   / Very hard to start #20  
It should be as good as new and maybe better. Kioti's newer pumps are supposed to have new and improved inside parts. Not the ones that failed in the older version. It's nice that it will be all taken care of.