Very hard to start

/ Very hard to start #1  

JHoffman

I searched the forum for starting issues but non quit like mine. The tractor is a 2007 CK27 shuttle shift. It has only 49 hours on it. Lately I have to crank the engine excessively to get it to start, when it finally does start it surges and has very little power until it warms up a bit. Lifting the bucket before it warms up will almost stall the engine. Once it is warm it runs normally and will start just fine. From what I have found on this forum it sounds like it could be the injection pump, what is odd is that it runs fine once started and warmed up.

/ Very hard to start #2  
Not real sure but I think one of the first things I would check for would be air in the system, cracked fuel bowl, loose or cracked fuel lines etc. That would be where I would start. Have you changed your fuel filter?

/ Very hard to start #3  
Not real sure but I think one of the first things I would check for would be air in the system, cracked fuel bowl, loose or cracked fuel lines etc. That would be where I would start. Have you changed your fuel filter?

If under warranty let the dealer sort out

Joel

/ Very hard to start #4  
With only 49 hours, it's hard to believe the injector pump is bad already. Some have lost their pumps in the 300 hour range but this I believe was on the older @ 2004 to 2006 models. The newer models, which I think the 27hp is, were supposed to have a change in the pump by making the plastic gear different in the pump. Some have had the fuel filter bowl crack but I thought a change occurred there too. One of the dealers here should be able to explain better on the changes. Odd that it runs and starts good once warm. Maybe the glow plugs aren't working. Some have had the controlling relay go bad.

/ Very hard to start #5  
Have you changed the injector pump oil and what about the filters? With such little use you could have bugs in the fuel clogging the fuel filters.

/ Very hard to start #6  
Odd that it runs and starts good once warm. Maybe the glow plugs aren't working. Some have had the controlling relay go bad.

Definitely an area to consider.:thumbsup:

/ Very hard to start
I haven't yet done the first 50 hr. service but the fuel filter bowl is clear and there is nothing obvious in the bowl. It has been in the upper 90's lately so it shouldn't need the glow plugs to start. I will probably change the filter and see what happens. If it doest fix it its going back to the dealer for them to look at it, its under warranty until September.

/ Very hard to start #8  
I check my tractor trouble shooting booklet.

Suggesting...
Bad fuel or mix w/water.
Weak battery..bad connection.

/ Very hard to start #9  
does it strart better if you do use the glow plug?:confused:

I always use mine in a cold start condition even wen its 80+ out there.