treadle pedal

/ treadle pedal #1  

arcspark

Evening to all, I now have 106 hrs. on the ck 35/hydro & I too am plagued with the slow treadle pedal..... It's a manageable thing to use your heel and bump it back but it's now becoming just a little inconvenient and maybe a little dangerous when you don't remember to do it!! last time out after running an hour I pulled into the barn well aware of the problem and decided to "test it" a little and it was still down in forward 10 secs after "liftoff". I knew to expect it but wanted to time it and see. I have purchased moly lithium grease for the gun and greased the fitting on the housing many times, as well as spraying every lube I've got on all the linkage but it still won't clear up.... I am wondering if the "damper" is to blame??? I think I will unhook it and see how it acts on it's own...ANY thoughts would be appreciated! I run Kubotas at work from time to time and the second your off the pedal the tractors (2) stop!!! Thanks for listening, arc

/ treadle pedal
No takers??

/ treadle pedal #3  
Thinking.????? I will get back to you in the morning. Let me look at a few things.

/ treadle pedal #4  
I am wondering if the "damper" is to blame??? I think I will unhook it and see how it acts on it's own...

I sympathize with your dilemma. My CK30's treadle works perfectly
after 5 years, but the new CT230 I bought last winter was a little
slow at times, despite all the lubing I did.

To find the culprit, I would also try disconnecting the 2 mechanisms under
the floor that guide and damp the pedals.

(I wish my JDs had MORE damping, BTW.)

/ treadle pedal
Thanks for the replies, I knew from visiting here that someone, somewhere would have some opinion on this issue. Appreciate the thinking.... Does anybody know how it would act with the dampner unhooked? I am assuming ( I know!) it won't return at all????? Thanks, arc

/ treadle pedal #6  
I"ll assume with the damper disconnected it will return to the center position too fast if it is returning to center as it should. Now if you disconnect the spring that may cause the pedal to stay in position when you take your foot off the pedal

Steve

/ treadle pedal #7  
You should talk to your dealer. There are 3 likely culprits:

The swash plate shaft through the HST housing needs to be lubricated. Spray lubricant right were the shaft goes through the HST case.

The oil in the damper cylinder has leaked or there is corrosion on the cylinder rod. You can check the oil in the damper with the screw in the side of the cylinder body. Not likely the cause. Make sure the cylinder rod is well lubricated.

The forward and reverse neutral valves are sticking. It's not a difficult fix, but probably something you want your dealer to do. We have seen a couple of the HST's with sticky neutral valves.

Don't run the tractor without the damper assembly. Won't be good for you or the tractor, and the damper may not be the problem.

Hope this helps

/ treadle pedal #8  
The forward and reverse neutral valves are sticking.

I did not know the neutral valves could cause that symptom. They are
both quite accessible, just above each relief valve. You can see pix here:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...increase-hydrostatic-transmission-relief.html
They are very easy to remove.

ARC, there are two mechanisms that guide, damp, and control the return-to-
neutral. One is full of oil and called the "damper cylinder", and the other
has a spring in it, called the "damper". The latter does the primary
return-to-neutral function. I would disconnect the former cylinder first
to narrow down the problem; disconnecting it will preserve the spring
control. Perhaps the damper cylinder is gummed up inside, giving you too
much damping.

/ treadle pedal
Thanks to all for your input...If you have any more keep'em coming... I will try to unhook the cylinder and see what that does... What would be the very best lube for spraying the shaft that goes into the housing? KRUG, I saw pictures of relief valve parts but didn't see any of nuetral valves. Did I miss the jpeg? Thanks for listening, arc

/ treadle pedal #10  
I saw pictures of relief valve parts but didn't see any of nuetral valves.

Look at the first photo I posted. In it, the RV is removed. Just above it
is one of the neutral valves. You can see part of the grey cap. I did not
remove it. The other NV and RV is on the other side.

It is very easy to take these out and inspect them.