Plugged grease fitting

/ Plugged grease fitting #1  

blue262

Tractor
2006 Kioti CK25
I just bought a 2006 Kioti CK25. There were 6 fittings that would'nt take grease. Four in the bucket and 2 in the steering. I pulled the 4 pins in the bucket and used a small drill bit to clean out the plugged grease holes. These are good now. But the two last plugged ones are in the steering tie rods. I think I need a pickle fork to seperate the joint. But I'm still not sure I will be able to see the grease passage that is plugged. I don't have a manual that shows the design. Does anyone have any advice or knowledge that could giude me. Thanks.

/ Plugged grease fitting #2  
I had a and replace but couple of plugged fittings as well. On a couple of them I got some penetrating oil and injected it into the fitting with a syringe and needle from my local feed store. (18 or 20 gauge needle). Let it sit for a while than try to grease. If this is not an option you can try to heat the fitting with a torch just dont overheat. This may help.

Actually my CK25 is going in for a new injector pump and they will have to replace the one fitting I could not clear. I had tried to remove and replace but stripped the hex head.

/ Plugged grease fitting #3  
fitting cleaner / rejuvenateor

Grease Fitting Rejuvenator Tool (IPA7862)

IPA7862.jpg

GREASE FITTING REJUVENATOR, GREASE FITTING CLEANER, GREASE ZERK CLEANER

cleanerpic.jpg

/ Plugged grease fitting #4  
I had a and replace but couple of plugged fittings as well. On a couple of them I got some penetrating oil and injected it into the fitting with a syringe and needle from my local feed store.

I keep an old grease gun on reserve to pump penitrating oil. So long as the gun is held in the vertical position, a grease gun will pump thin/penitrating oil fine. Some grease guns are advertised to pump 10,000 PSI so a bit of caution should be used. I doubt that the typical gun pumps much more than 3000 PSI.

/ Plugged grease fitting #5  
You can boil zerks to clean out hardened grease.

/ Plugged grease fitting #6  

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I have one of these and it has worked to clear plugged zerks about 19 of 20 times. Only once did I need to remove the zerk to soak and clean it.

It operates on a simple principle, is easy to use and is much quicker than removing zerks. 5 stars from me.

I think I got mine from AgriSupply for about $40. Well worth it.

/ Plugged grease fitting #7  
I had a couple clogged as well. Went to Tractor Supply and got a pack of new ones for about $6 and just replaced them. These were on my Italian built mower and are 6mm. Tried to replace one on the tractor but couldn't get it to screw in; seemed too large. Does anyone know what size is used on the Kioti's? Maybe 5mm?

/ Plugged grease fitting #8  
[/QI had a couple clogged as well. Went to Tractor Supply and got a pack of new ones for about $6 and just replaced them.UOTE]

That may be one of the easiest ways.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Afterwards take the removed Zerk's out and put then in a can of solvent or diesel and let them soak a few days. Then plug them into the grease gun and flush them out.:D

/ Plugged grease fitting #9  
I may misunderstand, but I don’t think he’s asking how to clean the fittings. I think the problem is the passage after the fitting?

/ Plugged grease fitting #10  
Even if the OP did plan to clean the grease passages he will likely find that the problem is with the zerc itself.

Be warned, most of the the zerks on our Kiotis are not standard. They are some goofy british zerk. I got replacements at the Kubota dealership. Automotive zerks won't work and NAPA won't have them.

One of the reasons I am a frequent and excessive greaser is to keep the zerks and the passages clear and flowing. I even grease the silly zerk on teh FEL release pin that doesn't do anything because I don't want it to stop taking grease.