Cracked hydraulic case

/ Cracked hydraulic case #11  
George, Your tractor looks really clean and not abused. That area by the 3pt should be really strong for pulling implements possibly its a casting flaw. I have seen it on engine blocks and motorcycle cases. Your tractor is a 2008 2yrs old I was thinking warranty (defective casting) I would check with your dealer first before I'd try repairing. In 2008 didn't Kioti have a 3 or 4yr warranty? just my thoughts
Frenchie

2x

It could be a stress break due to the casing not having been cooled properly, etc at the factory.

/ Cracked hydraulic case #12  
Unless you know you were doing things that shouldn't have been done with your tractor, I say it's a mfr. defect. Thing shouldn't crack like that unless you were abusing it, like ramming into things going in reverse. It is under warranty.

/ Cracked hydraulic case #13  
Hi George,
As I was reading this post I was thinking that unless you've been rough on the tractor by ploughing in stoney ground or working too hard with a back blade then this has to be manufacturing fault.

If you have using the tractor in a sensible way this area should not crack. Even working hard but not abusing, on a low hour tractor should not crack the casing.
Have a word with your local dealer (anybody there that you can trust in the service dept to give you a straight answer?) regarding any product update bullitins that might have been issued by Kioti regarding this fault with tractors in your models serial number range.

Also tell them that you are a member of tractor ByNet and there are many other owners worried about the this fault on their Kioto tractors.

I would try all ways possible to get the dealer to warranty this fault before trying to weld the crack. DO NOT JB WELD OR STITCH IT. Stitching is no good for this kind of application. Even welding can be hit or miss depending on the quality of the casting ie porosity in the metal etc, and also the experiance of the welding engineer.

Good luck

Jim
Alberta, Canada

/ Cracked hydraulic case #14  
I,d sure like to hear how this happened as a bob cat 235 owner.Did you hurt it or is it a poor casting?I agree with those who said to check with your dealer and don,t attempt your own repair or they will likely deny your claim.Knowing the owner of a good welding shop I ran it by him and he agreed that if it wasn't abuse the casting was bad,and repairing is hit or miss as far as welding.The part would need to be removed,welded and allowed to cool down very slowly.Hope this helps and besure to let us know what happens:thumbsup:Dave

/ Cracked hydraulic case #15  
George, Your tractor looks really clean and not abused. That area by the 3pt should be really strong for pulling implements possibly its a casting flaw. I have seen it on engine blocks and motorcycle cases. Your tractor is a 2008 2yrs old I was thinking warranty (defective casting) I would check with your dealer first before I'd try repairing. In 2008 didn't Kioti have a 3 or 4yr warranty? just my thoughts
Frenchie

^^X2.

/ Cracked hydraulic case #16  
I bought my DK55 in September 2008, it has 4 year warranty. I seem to remember the dealer claiming that after the first year only power train or drivetrain was covered.
If this is the case with your tractor the cracked part should be covered as it's part of the rear axle which is part of the drivetrain.

regards

Jim

/ Cracked hydraulic case #17  
You need to contact your dealer ASAP.

BTI

/ Cracked hydraulic case #18  
I would guess that the tractor had something stout like a boxblade on it and was backed into something even stouter like a big rock or stump maybe??? If you have a blade (on back) and backup or even worse, side load it backing up, it will put too much compressive force on the 3 pt and supporting components. Anyway, always try to pull with a blade. Only back up when pushing freshly disrupted dirt to smooth an area.

If you have a really heavy duty tractor and super heavy boxblade you can pretty much do whatever you want as it is plenty strong to disrupt dirt even backing up.

/ Cracked hydraulic case
Wow, what a good dealer. I called my dealer (Harthill Mountain Saw in Chewelah, WA) this morning. His first comment was "Well, we'll send a trailer down to you" - it's an and hour and a half away and I haven't talked to him since buying the machine.

He says that there are two warranties. One is a two year comprehensive and then a four year driveline. I bought the machine on 9/3/08 so I have a week left on the comprehensive! He thought it would be covered by the two year. I suppose if it's operator error then it is not covered but he sounded upbeat. I sent him the pictures and we'll go from there.

Two years ago I worried about buying a smaller brand and I worried about buying from a dealer who was really a chain-saw shop. But like everyone on this site always says, it's the dealer that matters.

Thanks for all your advise and I'll keep you updated.

George

/ Cracked hydraulic case #20  
If the factory will cover it the dealer stands to make some "serious" service fees because of the labor it will take. This is a good thing for both of you. :D

Keep us updated. I think he will get it covered.