Cracked hydraulic case

/ Cracked hydraulic case #1  

George in Spokane

Silver Member
I came into the shed today and there was about a gallon of oil on the floor under the CK35 tractor.

It is coming from a very slow (1 drop every 5 minutes) leak from a one inch hairline crack on the hydraulic case. It is just to the left of the bottom of the attachment point for the right 3pt arm.

Did I back into something and crack it? The tractor is two years old.

I assume it is owner error and it needs to be welded :(. I'm hoping that one of you will say JB Weld is an easy fix :eek:. What should I do?

Thanks,

George

Attachments

• IMG_3742.JPG
    IMG_3742.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 369
  • IMG_3744.JPG
    IMG_3744.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 366
   / Cracked hydraulic case #2  
I would not try and jb weld the crack. the structural strength has been compromised and either needs welding or replacing. AZnything on the 3 pt will continue to stress this spot.

/ Cracked hydraulic case #3  
I would not try and jb weld the crack. the structural strength has been compromised and either needs welding or replacing. AZnything on the 3 pt will continue to stress this spot.

Yeah, and welding that will be trick since it's cast.

/ Cracked hydraulic case #4  
Looks like a tender spot to weld.....it'll probably have to come apart anyway...

at least getting parts shouldn't be a problem with a 2 yr old ( or new)tractor...

/ Cracked hydraulic case #5  
George,I agree with the others however,you might want to try one of the places that do mechanical fixes.
I have no personal experience with it but,my bro-in-law has told me that it is a procedure where they drill and stitch the crack with hardened set screws,and even warranty the work.
You might want to check it out in your area before you spring for a new case...Mike.

PS Have comfort in the fact that Kioti has the most reasonable tractor parts prices that I have ever seen.

/ Cracked hydraulic case #6  
my bro-in-law has told me that it is a procedure where they drill and stitch the crack with hardened set screws,and even warranty the work.

Yes, seen it done in an engine shop....they drill and tap crack spacing out screws close together, then grind them flush.....then keep drilling and tapping overlapping previous screws and so on.....then they peen the surface to match.....

Don't know if they do it in a high stress areas but seen done when connecting rods come out the side of the block.....

/ Cracked hydraulic case
Thanks guys for the advice. Is it worth trying the JB Weld, i.e., will it create a problem for a welder?

/ Cracked hydraulic case #8  
Look hard for another case but there are places that can fix anything right for a price. I have only seen this an AC D21 that was using a heavy 5 bottom reversing set of plows. Never heard the results.

Look hard for another case. The labor is going to be a lot either way.

I would want to know how it happened before going back to work with it.

/ Cracked hydraulic case #9  
George,the only thing that you will accomplish with JB weld is to give a good laugh to the guys who will be doing the proper repair....Mike.

/ Cracked hydraulic case #10  
George, Your tractor looks really clean and not abused. That area by the 3pt should be really strong for pulling implements possibly its a casting flaw. I have seen it on engine blocks and motorcycle cases. Your tractor is a 2008 2yrs old I was thinking warranty (defective casting) I would check with your dealer first before I'd try repairing. In 2008 didn't Kioti have a 3 or 4yr warranty? just my thoughts
Frenchie