DK55 problems - potential purchase

/ DK55 problems - potential purchase #1  

TennFire

Looking at a DK55 with cab with about 500 hours. Apparently, this one has been in the shop a lot with a warranty dispute with the hydraulics overheating whenever the PTO is used a lot such as for mowing. Apparently Kioto factory thought it was a bad joystick and replaced it but that strikes me a little odd that it would be a joystick if it was not overheating when the PTO was not being used.

Anyhow, before going further I wanted to ask and see if there are PTO problems on the DK55's or if others have had similar problems that went away when the joystick was replaced?

/ DK55 problems - potential purchase #2  
Hi there,
What type of transmission or gearbox does the DK55 have?
Is it Hydrostatic drive or manual gearbox?

I have owned a DK55 for just on 2 years and so far have had no issues with overheating hydraulic oil (touching wood quickly). Mine has the 12 speed manual gearbox.

Is the tractor for sale from a dealer or a private owner?

If hydraulic oil is getting too hot it can be caused by a blocked cooler, relief pressure set too high or low, or a relief valve with internal leakage.

You may be able to get any warranty work details from a Kioti dealer.

The only big complaint I had originally had with my DK55 was that dealer reckoned It didn't need a block heater for the winter starting. We and the dealer are located in Northern Alberta, Canada. For winter use I would say the tractor should have 2 batteries, a block heater and a heavier duty starter motor that can cope with 40 below. Other than that the only issue I've had is the cab heater not getting hot enough recently, which reminds me I'll have to get that fixed for the soon to arrive Alberta Winter.

Regards

Jim

/ DK55 problems - potential purchase #3  
Looking at a DK55 with cab with about 500 hours. Apparently, this one has been in the shop a lot with a warranty dispute with the hydraulics overheating whenever the PTO is used a lot such as for mowing. Apparently Kioto factory thought it was a bad joystick and replaced it but that strikes me a little odd that it would be a joystick if it was not overheating when the PTO was not being used.

Anyhow, before going further I wanted to ask and see if there are PTO problems on the DK55's or if others have had similar problems that went away when the joystick was replaced?

I've had mine for four years with no such problems and 80% of my operating time is bushogging.

/ DK55 problems - potential purchase #4  
I have a 2009 DK45S Cab and it is approaching 100hrs and half of the hrs have been PTO. Running a Kuhn rotary rake and a New Holland 315 Hay Baler. I have not seen any problems.

Attachments

• IMG_5190.JPG
    IMG_5190.JPG
    260.6 KB · Views: 414
  • Kioti NH 315 Baler.jpg
    Kioti NH 315 Baler.jpg
    364 KB · Views: 997
   / DK55 problems - potential purchase #5  
I have a DK551c and have clocked up about 500 hrs with no major problems.
The only things that have happened is the bearing on the A/C belt tensioner failed. Total cost for a new bearing was about $7 and it took around 10 minutes to replase. Its been a great tractor. There has been no sign of overheating hydraulics.

/ DK55 problems - potential purchase #6  
I have a 06 dk55c. Has 300 +hrs and no problems at all. I have run a 15 ft batwing with it and I would think that would load the pto a lot. no problems so far. I have had the remote levers get left on a few times by accident and the hydraulics sounded a bit strained until i relieved the bypass by releasing the lever. Has been a good tractor so far.

/ DK55 problems - potential purchase #7  

I own a DK 55 and have the same problem it has only a 10 gallon supply for the whole tractor, this will overheat and blow the control orings . can't get over 5acres mowed before over heating. This is with a7ft new holland247
which takes alot o power to run.
It will run a bush hog 6' fine and like the overall power, just not enough HYD's to go big

/ DK55 problems - potential purchase #8  
10 Gal supply? My DK35 had a larger capacity than that.

/ DK55 problems - potential purchase #9  
Hi GRNMAPLE,
What RPM are you running the engine at when using the cutter. Has the dealer or anyone checked the maximum relief valve pressure setting for the PTO circuit?

I have a 7 foot rough cut mower and so far have had no problems. I usually run the engine between 2000 - 2500rpm depending on the brush/grass conditions. Even using the backhoe for some heavy digging in clay for extended periods of time I have had no hyd system overheating problems (so far). Tractor is a Sept 98 model with just over 300 hours on the clock.

regards

Jim

/ DK55 problems - potential purchase #10  
Get the tractor serial number and contract or visit another dealer and ask them to check the repair history and verify all Kioti recommended updates have been preformed. This is all done using the "dealer den" on Kioti website, if I have my information correct. Good Luck