Kioti DK35/Kubota 3410GST

/ Kioti DK35/Kubota 3410GST #1  

markie61

Veteran Member
Tractor
2019 Rural King RK55HC with Loader & Backhoe; 2001 New Holland TC40D with Loader
New poster here, although I've reviewed all posts since January '02. I feel like this is comfortable place to be - many likeable, helpful people. Like many others, I have been seeing specs in my head all night. I finally put it all on a spreadsheet in hopes of a good night's sleep. I thought I'd share this:

DK35 engine: 3cyl/water-cooled/4-cycle, gross 35hp@2700rpm/net 33, 1647cc(100.3ci) displacement, bore x stroke = 3.42"x3.63"
L3410 engine: 3cyl/water-cooled/4-cycle, gross 35.1hp@2700rpm/net 33.3, 1647cc(100.3ci) displacement, bore x stroke = 3.4"x3.6"
Suspiciously similar...?

Anyone done a head-to-head comparison of these two?

A Kubota dealer says the weights in the spec sheets are WITHOUT tires, wheels or fluids. Corroboration?

Anyone using the belly mower yet?

If a John Deere leaves New York City at 6am at 2 MPH, a New Holland leaves Pittburgh at 7am at 11 MPH, and Kubota from Washington DC at 8am at 16MPH, what color will the paint be when they run into each other?/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

Mark

/ Kioti DK35/Kubota 3410GST #2  
Hi Mark, I compared the two tractors over and over and I went with Kioti DK35 for these reasons:
1. DK35 is 600 lbs heavier. If Kubota weighs theirs without wheels and tires then they should say it in their literature and they don't. Plus never heard anyone say that it was without anything.
2. The Kioti warranty is 3 years and at the time I was looking Kubota was only 2 years.
3. The DK35 had one set of remotes included in the price.
4. The DK35 had draft control included in the price.
5. The Kioti dealer only charged me for the antifreeze to put fluid in the rears. The Kubota dealer wanted $200 for that option.
6. The DK35 was $15800 and the L3410 was $18400 both with loaders.

I did like the GST trans on L3410 because it was 8 gears straight up/down in other words no hi/lo range. The DK35 has a lo/hi range which sometimes gets a little old shifting between lo and hi ranges.

They are both good tractors. If you have a need to spend more money then go with the L3410 however, $2600 could pay for some of the implements I know you will need but, it won't buy anymore tractor than the DK35.

/ Kioti DK35/Kubota 3410GST
Thanks for the input, JB! You participate in this forum so frequently - are you the moderator?

I'll ask different Kubota dealer to see about the weights in their spec sheets. I agree they should put the weights "out the door" for real comparisons.

The rear remotes are no longer standard on the DK35 - $290 option, but one heck of a lot lower than the $650-700 Kubota wants to add them on the L3410. I want a log splitter (hydraulic 3-pt from Tractor Suppy is $549 and would be about 35 tons on a 30hp tractor!), so I will need them.

I drove a ton (actually several TONS) of tractors yesterday and here are my impressions WITHOUT considering price:

Kioti DK35: It's everything the owners on this discussion make it to be - strong, intuitive controls, nice loader, easy to move smoothly, etc. I can't add more to what has been said here already. Only negative I can see: tilt-wheel lever is plastic, difficult to use, seems cheap, and can get in the way of the PTO switch.
Long 330HST: Really cool color! EXACT same Daedong engine as DK35. Fully loaded including dual rear hydraulics and 12volt electrical plug, but no mid-PTO(?). Great fit and finish. Loader seems limited in angles and capacities. HST prevented me from stopping smoothly.
Long 360DCT: Like the shuttle much better than HST. All the good things from above, but still don't know about the loader.
Kubota L3710GST & L4310HST: Kubota is between model years and I really wanted to drive the L3410 or L3010. But dealers are out of the old and waiting for the next generaion. The ones I drove are a larger frame. In general, Kubota's HST is the best I drove - stops and starts are very smooth. But, once again, I found the shuttle more intuitive. I couldn't find anything to not like.
New Holland TC30HST: Budget tractor, budget features. Crude and light compared to everything else. TC33D: Supersteer is very cool, but ... Nicest operating area by far. My wife REALLY likes the color blue... HST is "jerky" like all HSTs except Kubota. TC35: Same as TC33D, but - WOW- are you tall!
Massey 1433V & 1440V: Actually looked but didnt drive.
John Deere 4410ePowerverser: Nice, but electronic shuttle was "jerky" like hydros. 4510 Powerverser: Best shuttle for smooth operation. You can hook a thumb on the wheel and still shuttle.

I am trying to look at all options in the the 30-ish HP range from dealers within 30-45 miles of Northern Virginia. I am dialing in what I want/need/like and will next do a price-quote comparison when I put out specs for bids. I'll post the results.

Any comments, opinions, things to look at, disagreements, corrections, etc. are greatly appreciated and encouraged!

Keep the ROPS out of the dirt, y'all!

Mark

/ Kioti DK35/Kubota 3410GST #4  
<font color=orange>"The rear remotes are no longer standard on the DK35 - $290 option"</font color=orange>

Mark,I have a BN still in the box rear remote kit for a DK35/40.
It can be installed easily in a few hours.
First $100+sh can have it..........Mike

PS Sometimes if you order your tractor without remote(s) you will get it free if that's all they have on hand at the distribution center.That was my case.

/ Kioti DK35/Kubota 3410GST #5  
Mark, no i'm not the moderator but thanks anyway.

/ Kioti DK35/Kubota 3410GST #6  
Mike, I am interested in the rear remote kit. Just bought DK 35 and rear remote is something I want to add. Does the "BN" refer to third party brand? Sorry if that is dumb question, but I am new to this tractor scene. Please advise how you want to handle. Look forward to hearing from you. Ron.

<font color=orange>"Just bought DK 35..."</font color=orange>
Hey, Ron-
Congrats on your new toy!
Care to share your thoughts/decision process on why you chose the Kioti DK35? I am still getting as much info as possible.
Thanks,
Mark

/ Kioti DK35/Kubota 3410GST #8  
Ron,No it is Kioti all the way,in using BN I meant brand new. Contact me via email if your interested.........Mike

/ Kioti DK35/Kubota 3410GST #9  
I have a friend who owns a DK40 and loves it. When he found out I was looking at Kubota's he encouraged me to consider the Kioti, which until then, I had never heard of. I started looking for information and comparisons and that is when I discovered TBN. This has become a great source of information. The high level of satisfaction among Kioti owners, which is obvious on this board, was a big influence.

I also shopped at two Kubota dealerships and had bad experiences at both. Both were only interested in selling what they had in inventory and neither had a L3410. They wanted me to buy a L3010 which is less horsepower, lighter, and more money than the DK35. I saved $4700 over the best deal I could make on a L3410, which had to be ordered. I got more features, a great dealer, and took immediate delivery on a tractor I am so far very happy with. The Kubotas are great tractors, I just felt the Kioti was the better value and the dealer situation sealed the deal.

RWS-
Thanks for the info. Your opinion reflects what I have found in my research. I am definitely leaning towards Kioti, but still need to find enough points of view to settle my mind on a $15k-20k purchase, so your response really helps.
Mark