CK30 Rear Remote Not Detent Fix

/ CK30 Rear Remote Not Detent Fix #1  

mrutkaus

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30HST, Kubota BX-1500,
A year after my installation, my single rear remote lost its ability to stay in A or B position, it just returned to middle; others have this problem too.

Rick said a while ago to take it apart and lube it, that always fixed it for them. Not understanding the inner workings, I didn't understand how lubing something could make it stick better, but trusting in the Rick, I began taking the remote valve off.

I started thinking more, figuring there's nothing to lube inside the hydraulic part, so I fooled around with the part shown in the photo below, the front most part of the valve forward of the part that actually moves. This, I figured, rightly, is what to take apart and lube, not the whole valve!

Starting from the front, there's a long thick allen setscrew, a small securing nut for that setscrew, a body threaded for the set screw in front and to go into the main valve at the back, and a large securing nut for the body.

Inside after all these items are removed, is a rod coming out from the valve which fits into the body. This rod has 3 pressed in spring loaded ball bearings which lodge in detents in the body.

The ball bearings are the reason for the lube, for some reason this area corrodes and the ball bearings get stuck and then they don't press in or out and lodge in the detents in the body.

So, after going to the local Bobcat dealer to get a new big setscrew (mine was broken from the factory, rusted both sides of the break in the middle):

I cleaned with WD40 then moly greased everything, and tried to press the ball bearings in to get some grease.

Then I put it all back together and it didn't work! Same as before. So I fooled with the adjustments (set screw and amount body is screwed into valve) and things slowly began to happen, most likely because lubricant started to get into the ball bearings, after a lot of moving the valve control around.

Eventually, it's mostly back together, it seems to work, that is it will stay in A or B because the ball bearings are working now.!

Whew!! Thanks Rick.

Mike
Winchester VA

Attachments

• kioti remote.jpg
    kioti remote.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 401
   / CK30 Rear Remote Not Detent Fix #2  
The ball bearings are the reason for the lube, for some reason this area corrodes and the ball bearings get stuck and then they don't press in or out and lodge in the detents in the body.

So, after going to the local Bobcat dealer to get a new big setscrew (mine was broken from the factory, rusted both sides of the break in the middle):

How much corrosion did you have, Mike? Any inside pix?

My CK30 has always had too-strong detents. The new Bobcat I got last
winter had detents that felt about the same.

/ CK30 Rear Remote Not Detent Fix
No pics, sorry. It was lightly rusted all over the inside and dry.

Maybe my broken in half set screw let some moisture in.

Mike

/ CK30 Rear Remote Not Detent Fix #4  
My detents stopped working a long time ago so I use a bungee to keep it engaged when using the backhoe. I use it mostly to control the grapple on the loader so not having it lock in position is a plus. When I put first put the grapple on I had to remember to make sure the lever back in neutral.

/ CK30 Rear Remote Not Detent Fix
Yes there's a benefit to some if the detents don't work.

I suppose if you WANTED them not to work you could just remove the little body assembly and somehow waterproof the area with a plastic cap. Or maybe if you fool with screwing the body in and out, mostly out, you could get no detent if you wanted.

Mike

/ CK30 Rear Remote Not Detent Fix #6  
can you guys tell me what is the difference in A and B ? whats it for maybe front attachments??

/ CK30 Rear Remote Not Detent Fix #7  
can you guys tell me what is the difference in A and B ? whats it for maybe front attachments??

There is no difference between the work ports, A and B.

What I do to avoid hooking up hydraulic attachments backwards is I
changed the 2 QA female couplings for the 2 work ports to one female
for A, and one male for B.

/ CK30 Rear Remote Not Detent Fix #8  
There is a difference between A and B, the hydraulic fluid goes in different directions depending which one you choose.
Different attachments use the flow differently, my back hoe will only run in the B position.

/ CK30 Rear Remote Not Detent Fix #9  
There is a difference between A and B, the hydraulic fluid goes in different directions depending which one you choose.
Different attachments use the flow differently, my back hoe will only run in the B position.

Unless you swap the hoses. A and B are indeed equivalent; you can
change the direction of flow by toggling the lever the other way.

/ CK30 Rear Remote Not Detent Fix #10  
I have the opposite problem. Unless I keep lubing and working it my lever detents are too strong. I gotta really keep on it or it gets stuck in position.