Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    Mitsubishi MTE2000D, Dig It 258 Backhoe

Default Re: First Post: Engine Swap Kioti LB2204

Quote Originally Posted by CalTrac View Post
    6-28-11, why did you have to "split" the tractor apart..? Nothing in my repair manual says that's necessary; also, you didn't mention about matching up the transmission with the engine how was that done...? Your story sound like "too much sugar." Two hours to do all this...! takes me a hour just to change the oil and filter. Sound's bogus to me..!
    Sounds plausible to me. So he split the tractor, unnecessary at least initially but is it really an issue? He might have had a reason not explained in the post and just mentioned that he had already split the tractor. One things for sure, it appears that that era of Kioti/Daedong was using similar designs as the "LXX02" kubotas. He did say he used the old bell housing and from everything I've read, the Japanese use standardized bellhousing dimensions just like the SAE sizes so it's not hard to imagine he was able to do his homework and figure out the trans match-up. I didn't read anywhere where he claimed this only took him 2 hours.....

Honestly, I have thought many times that if my engine ever catastrophically fails, the first thing I'm doing is calling Bruce Laten and seeing what he has in stock with a little more HP and basically doing what this man did.
    Darryl

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DS4510HS , Kubota B7100

I recently saw a table that was provided to Kioti dealers which listed the range of Daedong (Kioti) engines that were compatible as replacement engines in various kubota models.

Can someone provide a comparison of the Kioti and kubota engines that are compatible.

This thread provides an indication that there are several engine models of the two manufactures that are similar but does not offer much detail to the specifics.

A web reference would be fine as well.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DS4510HS , Kubota B7100

Quote Originally Posted by jimybud View Post
    Can someone provide a comparison of the Kioti and kubota engines that are compatible.

This thread provides an indication that there are several engine models of the two manufactures that are similar but does not offer much detail to the specifics.

A web reference would be fine as well.

Found the direct link.

http://downloads.pfgaustralia.com.au...nge%20Info.pdf
    Last edited by dennis52; 01-21-2012 at 05:31 PM.

What are the differences between the TD950 and the 3C093?

is the bore the same?

Are the piston liners identical and same part number?

Tractor
    Kioti DK40SE Hydro

$500 for a used engine...that is an amazing score.
    2008 KIOTI DK40Se Hydro
    1978 Sling Blade/wood handle

Tractor
    kioti

im new to working on tractors as well, and would like to know what he means by "splitting " tractor as I have a Kioti 2550 that needs a new clutch . I have yet figured out how to do it. (No repair manual)....Thanks Joel 904

Tractor
    2012 Kioti DK45 HST Cab

Quote Originally Posted by joel904 View Post
    im new to working on tractors as well, and would like to know what he means by "splitting " tractor as I have a Kioti 2550 that needs a new clutch . I have yet figured out how to do it. (No repair manual)....Thanks Joel 904
    Well, a tractor doesn't have a traditional frame like a car or truck, the drive train makes up the frame. Some repairs, such as a clutch (sorry), require the drive train to be separated to gain access. You literally end up with a split tractor with the front on one side of the room and the rear at the other.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12