Kioti 3054 won't start

/ Kioti 3054 won't start #1  

Tango

All please chime in. The 3054 ran 2 weeks agofine started right up. I went to start the other day to drag driveway and it wanted to start but wouldn't. I have always started it with the glow plugs, unless it has been running during the day. I am in Florida so air temp is not a concern. I have drained fuel filter and cleaned it, put in new fuel, cracked the injectors at the line, taken the injector lines off from the injectors. Pulled the glow plugs and checked them. Still no go. I removed an injector line off each injector one at a time and it seemed to make no difference until I removed the injector closest to the firewall and it really didn't want to start. When I put it back on it sounds like it wants to start but it just doesn't have enough umph as my wife puts it. It will pump out black smoke when it tries to start. If we suggest the injectors could someone tell me how they come out since there are little hose barbs on the injectors above the base where you would put the socket on. Or does the injector come out in different pieces so to speak. If the injectors does anyone know what specs I would be telling the injection service to look for or would they know? Tell me an easy fix please. Thanks for your time with this now big problem. Nelson_A@popmail.firn.edu or Patriciadnelson@aol.com 772-359-3821 Thanks Skip:mad::confused2:

/ Kioti 3054 won't start #2  
Will it fire with a light shot of ether (starting fluid)? Sounds like a fuel problem but you have covered all the bases, other than replacing fuel filter instead of just cleaning it.

Do you shut yours off by cutting off the fuel? If so, make sure it is springing back to the operating position.

/ Kioti 3054 won't start #3  
DO NOT use ether,is the starter turning the engine fast enough try jumping with another battery.
Remove air cleaner have someone crank it over and spray WD40 in the intake it should start .

/ Kioti 3054 won't start
I have cranked the pee out of it with the injector rack off of it and it squirts just fine so I want to say that the filter is not plugged, but will get a new one tomorrow at parts store.

/ Kioti 3054 won't start
Its a pull cable on and off but I have tried the lever both ways one shuts it down almost to where it doesn't even try to start whereas the other way it just doesn't seem to have enough umph to get running

/ Kioti 3054 won't start
Will try the WD40 tomorrow as well as new filter need "the boss" at home to help me she is working this evening

/ Kioti 3054 won't start
Kenstrac,
I have a battery charger on the baby overnite at 10 amps, when I try to start I move it to the 50 amp start position, Cranks over fantastic, pushes black smoke. If it runs with the wd40 and then dumps am I looking at injector problems. Is therir anyway to test the injectors on the tractor? Coulld I pull them and leave them attached and visually see the spray from the injectors? Any other suggestions Kioti Krew????

/ Kioti 3054 won't start #8  
If it is blowing black smoke you are probably getting adequate fuel. Have you checked your air intake/filter? Is your compression release in the operating position?

I knew the ether suggestion would bring out the naysayers, I do not make it a common practice but have used it sparingly (!) on occasion with no ill effect. It is a risk though and Kioti does NOT recommend it.

The troublesooting section for hard starting suggests checking:

- Fuel, make sure cold weather has not thickened it
- Engine oil to thick which will cause the engine to crank slow

Also mentioned dirty injectors, injector timing off, leaking valves, valves out of adjustment, and low compression.

good luck, -Keith

Last edited:
   / Kioti 3054 won't start
Tried to start the tractor w/o the air filter in it, the compression release is AOK one way it cranks great the other way you know there is compression going on. Possibility of too much fuel? Has anyone ever removed an injector from one of these? The ether routine didn't do anything more then what it does anyhow, it would not start it just the blk smoke routine.